Thinking of Buying These PS2 Games...

Discussion in 'Games' started by cleanup, Oct 18, 2005.

1. macrumors 68030

cleanup

Relatively new, all of them. Anybody played 'em yet?

Burnout 4: Revenge

SOCOM 3

Metal Gear Solid 3

Shadow of The Collossus

I'm especially interested in the last one, Shadow of The Collossus. It looks fantastic, unlike any other game out there.

Anybody played these games yet and could give me some feedback on them?

2. macrumors 6502a

bokdol

you may want to try out a game called ico.... sort of the game before shadow... it has amazing ambiance... and should only cost 12 to 14 bucks used....

3. thread starter macrumors 68030

cleanup

I've heard of it. Doesn't strike me as having quite as much of a "wow" factor as Shadow of The Collossus.

And besides, I live in Shanghai. All the games are pirated, and it's hard to find old games like Ico.

Given that thought, those new games will probably take about a week before they're copied and distributed over here.

But games can be bought with pocket change here. :) When you buy a PS2, it's almost always going to already include a mod chip...

4. macrumors 68020

aloofman

Any of the Metal Gear Solid games are great. I have MGS 3: Sons of Liberty and it's a lot of fun.

5. macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Burnout 4: Revenge is a great game. I was going to buy it but I bought Indigo Prophecy...another great game.

6. macrumors newbie

Burnout Revenge has stolen many good hours of sleep from me and my roommate. Traffic checking, not to mention a much harder crash mode make the game a lot of fun, and it looks awesome in HD. Definitely get it!

7. macrumors regular

Socom 3 is good for on line play.

8. macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

I'm playing that right now. buddy of mine gave it too me. said it was great and it doesn't take to long to complete. my kind of game.

9. macrumors 68020

I <3 Solid Snake. So, MGS3.

10. macrumors 68020

Ehhh...

Metal Gear Solid 2 was really fun... I just don't have the same oppinon for MGS 3...

Kinda slow at first...

IF you like burnout games (who doesnt?) then burnout: revenge is for you... though no "new" gameplay will be added (I assume) just new levels and cars, its still an awesome game.

And SOCOM 3 looks pretty good...