iPad Thinking of jailbreaking my mini

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MauerFan, Apr 15, 2013.

1. MauerFan, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013

macrumors regular

I've never jailbroken anything before, but i'm thinking of jailbreaking my mini (currently on 6.1.2). What are the chances that it messes up my iPad though? If does, can I just restore it in iTunes, and not lose any of my info? ie apps.

2. macrumors 603

rgarjr

Just do a backup on iTunes before. The latest JB is very easy to do. Have the mini and iPad 4 JB'ed.

3. macrumors 6502a

I have my mini jailbroken and, frankly, there isn't a way I can turn back now. The added functionality certain tweaks give the device is wonderful. As long as you only install things you need that make the device the best for you, and you don't go about changing the filesystem via iFile and not knowing what you're doing (or installing incompatible tweaks), then you should be fine...

4. macrumors 6502a

tmanto02

Jailbroke my iPhone a couple of years ago but not since iPhone 5. What other functionality can a jail broken IPAD offer?

5. macrumors 6502a

Thinking of jailbreaking my mini

Some of my favorite tweaks are f. lux (cold, regular screen colors in the daytime, warmer colors at night, reduces eye strain); swipeselection (swipe on keyboard to move cursor); anyattach (to attach any file to an email); bitesms (or quick reply and quick compose of iMessage anywhere),; sbsettings or NCsettings (for quick toggles); and LockDown Pro (which allows you to enter a "guest mode" that requires a password for certain apps when activated, for when a child or guest uses your iPad). These are the few I can't live without now as they make navigation and productivity that much better.