Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
Good Afternoon fellow rumarians(see what i did there?)
I just recently upgraded to an iPad ( aka new iPad) and i really love it. My friend who works at best buy has tipped me off that they have an open box mac-book air in their store. I have always wanted a mac and im really torn between the two should i stay with my lovely iPad 3 or get a mac-book air? What id use the air primarily is for school work and gaming. I use the iPad for the same reasons. I just don't know what to do. I want to have both but that is not in my budget. Any advice would be great.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
You can't really game with the MBA unless you stick to casual games, though there are people who play some more demanding games at lower settings. Moreover, if the open box MBA is the 11 inch base model, you'll have to deal with less than 64GB, but that's just an assumption on my part since you didn't mention which model it is.

On the other hand, the Air is a much better tool for schoolwork compared to the iPad.

Mirari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
same here i am also new. can i get an admin to lock this thread or delete it? im sorry i did not know there were multiple posts

----------

You can't really game with the MBA unless you stick to casual games, though there are people who play some more demanding games at lower settings. Moreover, if the open box MBA is the 11 inch base model, you'll have to deal with less than 64GB, but that's just an assumption on my part since you didn't mention which model it is.

On the other hand, the Air is a much better tool for schoolwork compared to the iPad.

he wasn't specific on which model it was just that it was an air.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
same here i am also new. can i get an admin to lock this thread or delete it? im sorry i did not know there were multiple posts
If you want a thread closed or deleted, click the report post icon
report.gif
and ask a moderator to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.