1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

thinking of selling my powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mac-eroni, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. macrumors newbie

    #1
    Right now I have 2 macs that I use. My powerbook G4 15” – 1.5GHz, and an iMac G5 1.5 GHz. They both have pretty much the same performance.

    I am definitely going to be buying the next MacBookPro that comes out with a 12” screen (if it ever comes) as I have a 24” monitor I plug into at home, and really could use the extra portability of the smaller screen right now.

    Right now I can still get about $1200CDN for my powerbook. So I am thinking of unloading it now and using my iMac until the next MBP’s come out. (I should be fine going up to 6 months without a portable).

    I paid about $2500 for my powerbook a little over 2 years ago, and it’s a bit difficult to let go of (sentimental attachment).

    So I guess my question is, do you think it is worth it selling the PB now? Or waiting until the new models come out and selling it then? I’d assume the price would drop a lot in the next few months (with cs3 coming out and the new pro book revisions imminent).


    Thanks for the help guys
     
  2. macrumors member

    #2
    If you plan to sell, definitely sell now. I'm sure you will see a price drop when the new models are released so its best to unload it ASAP.
     
  3. macrumors 68020

    someguy

  4. macrumors newbie

    #4
  5. macrumors 68020

    someguy

    #5
    You're very welcome.
     
  6. macrumors 6502a

    Cult Follower

    #6
    I'd sell now for sure.
     
  7. macrumors 6502

    #7
    Isn't $1,200 canadian only like $3.50USD?
     
  8. macrumors newbie

    #8
    Well we trade in hockey pucks, so I'm not too sure what the conversion would be...:p
     

Share This Page