Note: I'm posting this thread in the "Switch Stories" forum because it is part of my own switch story. I became a switcher in January of 2002 when I eBay'ed my P3 800 MHz Dell Inspiron laptop and bought a 550 MHz TiBook. I still use PCs on a regular basis at work (a junky P2 400 MHz Compaq beige box) and home (a recently self-built Athlon 1800 XP PC). I have generally been happy with my decision to switch. OS X is a generally stable OS, the tight hardware-software integration makes "Plug and Play" a standard reality on Macs, and the TiBook's design is second to none. So why am I thinking of switching back? To me, it has boiled down to performance and price. I can't deny that my old Dell laptop was faster than my TiBook in almost every respect: start up, processing, etc. That my self-built computer blows away my TiBook goes without saying, but I cannot deny (to my disappointment) that my junky Compaq at work outperforms my TiBook in my tasks as well. Jaguar improved my TiBook's performance, but not nearly as much as I had hoped. I have tried to clean out my Mac's useless startup files, etc., but no significant improvement in performance either. I am not a computer genius, but I am not a clueless dummy either--I've built my own computer and I am a Sun Certified Java Programmer. Yes, I am fully aware of the "Megahertz Myth," but I think Apple and Mac fanatics have carried this arguement too far. In the past few days, I've been looking online to look at alternative PC laptops that would be as light as my TiBook and still have acceptable performance. Here is a sample of what I have found: Sony VAIO PCG-GRZ660 Notebook (2.4 GHz Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard Drive) Gateway 450 Series Notebook (1.8 GHz-M Pentium 4, 256 MB RAM, 30GB hard drive) Inspiron 600m Notebook Inspiron 8500 Notebook This one is a bit on the heavy and expensive side, but I've included it for comparative purpose. Now none of these computers have specs that are 100% similar to the current TiBook models. Some have bigger/smaller screens, more/less RAM, bigger/smaller video card, etc. The current 15-inch TiBook models range from $2,299.00 to $2,799.00. The PC laptop models I have looked at are cheaper, and their processor speeds range anywhere from 1.3 GHz to 2.4 GHz. If we assume that the PC models are faster (and I know that they are, Megahertz Myth or not), then anyone buying an Apple PowerBook is basically paying a premium for OS X and the design. At this point, I'm not 100% sure I want to do this when I buy my new laptop this summer. I use many different flavors of Windows and PCs, and a few quirks aside, I really don't feel that OS X is all that much better than Windows, not to mention that the latter feels much faster. I use both OS'es on a regular basis, so this forms my observation. There's a 60% chance that I will stick with a TiBook, and a 40% that I will go back. Thus, while it is likely that I will stick with Apple, there is a strong chance that I will not. I am looking for Macusers who use both OS X and Windows on a regular basis to weigh in on this. The experiences and observations of recent switchers are welcomed too. I like my TiBook, and I want to give Apple a chance at my money. However, I cannot deny that I am less than 100% satisfied with my Apple experience and that I am having second thoughts about my switch.