Thinking of switching to verizon from att iPhone 5 in Los Angeles.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skasol, Jan 1, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Just like the tittle says. I am contemplating switching to verizon from AT&T iPhone 5. I have an iPhone 5 on AT&T but I get a better price on verizon. Am I going to regret it. I have no complains on AT&T at all. I heard verizon LTE is a lot faster. Thank u.

2. macrumors 68000

1080p

I dunno... in Phoenix, Every time I have done side by side speed tests with VZW and AT&T on LTE, AT&T smokes Verizon every time speed wise. But Verizon will get you more coverage area..

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank u for your feedback. I heard that verizon has bad coverage, that didn't make sense to me because everyone else states verizon has better coverage. My friend was having a hard time connecting to the net and everything.

4. macrumors 68040

Yeah AT&T seems to have higher LTE data speeds in most places from what I've seen. Verizon just has better LTE coverage but it seems weak in buildings from my experience.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank u.

6. macrumors 6502a

My AT&T iPad 3 gets slower LTE speeds than my Verizon iPhone 5 in irvine, Tustin areas of Orange County.

I've seen better Verizon coverage and speeds in my area based on friends iPhones.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for that input. I may just bite the bullet and do the verizon.

8. macrumors 603

I'm in WeHo right now... Verizon does have okish coverage.. it's just slow. AT&T is faster.

9. macrumors 6502

Scrub175

What is your current data limit on AT&T? If unlimited I would really evaluate switching carriers.

When comparing the two carriers you have speed, coverage, and functionality. Speed seems to favor AT&T. Coverage (LTE network size) Verizon. The AT&T iPhone will also have simultaneous surf and talk... Verizon iPhone 5 does not offer the functionality. So do the carrier differences justify the price point each one costs?

10. macrumors 65816

Mliii

Also remember that if you frequently use data while on a call, you can't do that on Verizon. I'm no fan of AT&T, but that's one feature that keeps me from switching because I often access the internet while talking to someone.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank u. I live in Santa Monica

----------

I don't have unlimited with At&t.

----------

I don't find myself doing this very much. but thank you for the great input.

12. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

How are you getting a better price on verizon? Fan discount?
    Cause verizon is generally more expensive than any other US carrier.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

Not FAN, a different one. Not allow to discuss. But it's about $50 with 7gb data hotspot included.

14. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Nice.
    That's a pretty sweet deal.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey so I went ahead and switched to verizon. I wanted to come back to the original thread and let everyone know about my experience. Well. I love it. My call quality is great, my Internet speed oh my god. Too good to explain. [​IMG]

16. macrumors 6502a

awesome! Glad to hear it all worked out. Having reliable fast LTE is just too cool.

Enjoy!