Thinkpad Titanium

Discussion in 'Community' started by nbs2, Sep 13, 2005.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I haven't seen anybody else mention this.

Lenovo has announed that they will make Thinkpads in both the current black and titanium. Does this mean that aluminium is just around the corner for the Thinkpads? Does this mean that PC makers are going to go with not black, just as Apple is apparently going back to black? Could this be part of a conspiracy among both sides to swap colors on occasion, keeping respective supporters cheering the "innovative designs" of their preferet computer maker?

Probably just Lenovo doing what the others have benn thinking about for the last several years. Eh.

2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

The article said they were going to be "champagne" colored. In cars thats a more tan/gold color so I don't think they are going to be copies of the powerbooks. Although I see plenty of new pc laptops in class that are obviously copying the powerbook design. Dell has a whole series now that looks just like the older Ti-Books.

3. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

The champagne color could be nice, or it be be ultra-hideous.

As for switching sides - it seems like Lenovo is just trying to copy Apple's beautiful industrial design.

4. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't really understand why people still look at the new Lenovo Thinkpads because of past reputation. They are great, but since its not made by IBM anymore, it won't be the same. :confused:

That was a bit off-topic. Here's an on-topic comment: Champagne is ugly. Champagne looks like beige, but a bit darker and yellower. I can't imagine that looking good.

6. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

ahhh... I just imagined my iBook in champagne!!!! :eek: ahhh! get it out of my head!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I had a phone that was "champagne" colored. In some lights it looked silver, and in other lights it had a golden glow. I liked it.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

9. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I can't stand champagne colored stuff. Champagne colored champagne is ok, but that's because it's supposed to be that color, but champagne colored cars? Ew.
    Champagne colored Computers?
    EWWW!! IT'S JUST METALLIC BEIGE! Get away, GET AWAY!

/has officially lost it.

10. lem0n macrumors regular

lem0n

does champagne colour means it will take on a pink tint?? occasionally yellow with pink tint in different light setting? :eek: if it's faint enough then it'll be nice... but I've always associate "thinkpad" with "black, clunky things" :D now it'll be hard... ;)