ThinkSecret get it wrong...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BlizzardBomb, Jan 1, 2006.

1. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Well the year is out and I don't see any 10.4.4. It was bad enough when they decided that Apple weren't doing Video iPods then changing their mind at the last moment, but they mentioned 10.4.4 in two articles saying it would be out before the year is out.

Maybe I'm being a bit picky, and it could be released really soon, but I'm starting to question their reliability now.

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

That's not a press release by Apple so why put 100% trust into it? You are being way to picky.

3. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

They are a rumor site not the New York Times, not that that is a good comparison. ;)

Anyway, its software, bugs and hangups happen. Question their reliability if no Intel products are released or the mini doesn't get DVR capability.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It's sometimes a rumor, not always a fact. But Steve may be yanking TS's chain to ferret out the leaks. So it's hard to tell fact from fiction.

It would be like arguing about whether an opinion is right or wrong...

My bad, that's all they do in the political section.

5. BlizzardBomb thread starter macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I know it's only a rumour site, and I know they can get things wrong. But recently, they've been changing their minds on some topics and putting a deadline on something they aren't really sure about doesn't seem too smart.

6. Halsey12 macrumors regular

I remember last year Think Secret reported that we would see orange and purple full size iPods, and when we didn't, they promptly removed those stories from their site. I think that may be the worst thing they ever posted, unless you are a Vikings or Browns fan...

I do wish wish wish for more rumors though, outlandish or accurate or not...

7. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

The quote says 'expected', not 'will' – and we're only a day into the New Year, so I'm sure no one over at ThinkSecret is losing any sleep over this. ;)

8. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

<snort!> :D Starting?? ;)

9. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

You have a very good chance of being assured to have it in your hot little hands within the next week, as it will be needed to run new Intel Macs (iBooks, maybe Minis) that seem all but certain to be announced at MWSF.

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Anybody feel like reviewing every one of their stories from 2005 and counting what percentage was correct? I've curious to know, but not curious enough to do such a big homework assignment.

11. maya macrumors 68040

maya

There is a very good chance that 10.4.4 will be released at MWSF or a few days ahead or maybe a few days later. Why are you losing sleep over this? :confused:

Its just a X.X.x update, its nothing major. :rolleyes:

12. iHateWindows macrumors 6502

Remember that ThinkSecret, just like MR, is a rumor site. Just because they say it doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

As for 10.4.4, be patient. MWSF is only a few days away.

13. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I'm going to have to disagree with that one. Though the majority believe TS is a rumor site, I think it's safer to say they don't just publish wild and unfounded rumours. They only post an article if there's a good chance of it being true.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

14. Coheebuzz macrumors 6502

I've always considered MR to be a 'rumors central', gathering rumors from several places rather than writing its own. As far as TS i think they do pretty good, i don't expect 100% correct predictions anyway so as long as they do better than most of us here its has a spot on my bookmarks bar!

15. BlizzardBomb thread starter macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

No 13.3" iBook at MWSF eh? OK, do I have permission to destroy TS now? :)