ThinkSecret new Mac Specs

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacSA, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0504macs.html

New Power Mac G5 systems, code-named Q87, will top out at 2.7GHz, sources said, while video cards are being upgraded with double the SDRAM. All models will feature SuperDrives offering dual-layer DVD+R support, as well as DVD±RW/CD-RW compatibility.

Sources were unable to confirm at this time whether the systems will sport the dual-core PowerPC 970MP processor or the single-core PowerPC 970GX, although unconfirmed notes point to the PowerPC 970MP. The second core would deliver performance gains far greater than the 200-300MHz bumps each processor is receiving alone with the update.

2. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

OK, but I hope they will continue with the SP PM because the other will proberly cost a lot more :( But if the dual 2Ghz will have the 1499 tag on it well the go ahead :rolleyes:

3. MacSA thread starter macrumors 68000

MacSA

The new eMac sounds nice..apart from the 256mb RAM in the base model......

Two eMac models, code-named Q86J, will continue to be available and will have their G4 processors bumped from 1.25GHz to 1.42GHz. The eMacs will also see their 32MB ATI Radeon 9200 video card upgraded to a 64MB ATI Radeon 9600 card, to take full advantage of new graphics capabilities found in Tiger's Core Image technology.

The low-end, Combo Drive eMac will feature 256MB of DDR SDRAM and an 80MB hard drive, while the SuperDrive eMac will pack 512MB of DDR SDRAM and a 160GB hard drive. Like the Power Mac G5 and iMac G5, the SuperDrive eMac will be capable of burning to dual-layer DVD+R media, as well as DVD±RW and CD-RW. It's unclear whether prices will be shaved slightly or remain the same.

No sign of new iBooks though :confused: Don't think we'll see them for some time.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I hope they're wrong. People will go ape-s*** if there is still no dual 3GHz :eek:

5. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I think this "updated iMac G5, code-named Q45 C/D, will reach 2GHz, while video memory is doubled to 128MB and the card itself upgraded to ATI's Radeon 9600. " is the best news. VRAM was really holding the iMac back and now it should really fly. I wonder if they will even offer the 256 upgrade to the 20"

Shame the eMac hasn't been reinvented to build on the success of the mini.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.