ThinkSecret says "Final Cut Extreme"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hyperpasta, Jan 4, 2006.

1. hyperpasta macrumors 6502a

Aug 1, 2005
    New Jersey
  2. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Oooohhh... Next to MR, I live and breath Final Cut Pro. Exciting stuff, for sure! Maybe Apple will finally give us real-time mixed codec timelines.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]
  3. NickFalk macrumors 6502

Jun 9, 2004
    [quote="Think Secret]...Final Cut Pro 6 will also support 1080/24p and 1080/30p DVCPROHD...[/quote]

Hm, FCP have been supporting these formats since FCP 4.5 haven't they? The whole thing sounds kind of odd to me. If Apple are planning to charge big bucks for this they must offer some kind of hardware solution at the same time. The reality is that FCP have gotten where it is today by giving competitive performance at a substantially lower cost. What could a more expensive version possibly offer to defend a higher price point?
  4. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    This sounds really interesting, I am more interested in the new Xserve Raids. I hope that they will release it soon, I would like to check it out.
  5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Very cool, but at $10k for the software, I won't be getting Extreme :D I won't need it either, I still have plenty I haven't used on FCP as it is. And that new camera looks great, but $200k?!?!?! Wow!

But its great that Apple is going after the hi end market - I just wonder if they're going to offer any hardware acceleration of Extreme.

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    The Red camera is 100% vaporware so far, even the guy behind the project (Jim Jannard of Oakley) admits this. Their plan for NAB is only to show of a non-working mockup of what they hope the camera will be like, they don't even have the specs nailed down yet.