Third-party Safari fix now available

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, May 13, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Excellent hack! Everyone who uses tabs in Safari should have this :D

3. Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Cool. The warning when trying to close multiple tabs has been one of the real advantages Firefox had over Safari... :D

4. hob
    macrumors 68020

hob

Definately! Everyone should get this :)

5. macrumors member

Chobit

Am I the only one who absolutely hates the warning when closing windows with multiple tabs? I'm glad Firefox allows you to turn it off, though I'm still sticking with Safari for now.

6. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I totally hate that warning. I virtually never (if ever) accidently close a window complaining multiple tabs (Probably because I use cmd+w to close windows... Which if you have multiple tabs open closes a tab instead of the whole window), and if I have any tabs open that I care about having open I wouldn't be quitting the program.

7. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

I'm just like you in that respect - I don't care if I close a window with multiple tabs open, since I meant to do that the vast majority of the time.

8. emw
    macrumors G4

emw

I, for one, would love this - and will be downloading it. I often have multiple tabs open and will on occasion quit Safari instead of closing an individual window simply out of habit (too many things open and running at once, and I'm distracted). Since I'm often logged into multiple work-related sites or testing apps, it's been a pain.