Third Party Web Page Creator?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YpsiOtter, Aug 8, 2006.

1. YpsiOtter macrumors newbie

YpsiOtter

I was just wondering if anyone had any sugestions on a user friendly third party web page creator for the mac? I already have a domain name and transmit for publishing. I just want somthing that is costimizable with drag and drop movie and photo features and cool templates for web pages!
    Thanks for your help,
    Otter

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

3. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

4. opik macrumors member

i love nvu! there's nothing like it...certainly meets my needs.

5. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

I was looking for a website creator as well. Why is it so difficult to find decent themes along with these apps? I don't expect an award-winning web site, but you'd think some of them might have a simple design that looks professional and polished.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

This is no question Nvu give you most potential, altho im not sure if it is the easiest one to use for a simple webpage. But one you getting used to use <div> and layer, you will find Nvu is so damn good.

7. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Let me ask a question. IWeb that comes with my MBP is for making a Web Page which correct me if I am wrong is used strictly for .mac. Or can iWeb be used for publishing to say anotgher server like Verizon who I know I have space for a personel web site. Thanks!!

Bill....

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

You're wrong... ;)

Just use the Publish to a folder, which saves your iWeb pages locally and use Transmit/Cyberduck to upload them... :)

9. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I use dreamweaver. There are some templates in there, but I have used my own custom ones for the website you see in my link. It was created using dreamweaver.

10. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Thanks Much For the Info!! I am trying to look at building a my first Web Page and completely new to these other than using them!!

Bill......:rolleyes: