Third tour in the Middle East? Wow

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Dec 28, 2006.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This is just WRONG. Two tours is enough. My own cousin went through an extended tour and there's no way I'll let him go back. But this poor guy...jeez. F***ing Bush. :mad:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/189171,CST-NWS-SOLDIER28.article

Third time's the harm
    After two tours of duty in Afghanistan, Steven Henderson says his latest callup 'not to exceed 545 days' in Iraq is asking too much.

December 28, 2006
    BY DAVE NEWBART Staff Reporter
    Steven Henderson served his country during two tours of duty as an Army sergeant in Afghanistan -- repeatedly coming under enemy fire and seeing fellow soldiers maimed and U.S. helicopters gunned down.

The Chicago native is back home now after being honorably discharged 20 months ago. He's married and working toward a college degree -- but the Army has called upon him again.

A letter he received two weeks before Christmas orders him to report to Fort Benning, Ga., by Jan. 14. Under the order, he is required to fight in Iraq for a period "not to exceed 545 days."

But this time, Henderson says he will not serve his country.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

We are having troops patrolling the same roads becoming the same targets for the same roadside bomb makers over & over & over. Its absurd, insane to repeat a mistake over & over and yet this is what Bushco want to do. Its time to change the course and if the president wont then its up to congress. There is nothing for us in Iraq, we shouldnt even be there.

Its time the president is held accountable for his mindless policys. I respect your cousin for this I only hope Congress does something this January because our cheese in charge is clueless,arrogant and stubborn.

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I think the only way they can is to withhold funding. We'll see what happens.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I think our President is going to announce in January pretty much the same, stay the course with a new spin phrase. He will say we have a new plan with lots of rhetoric,spins and twists and in the end it will be stay the course with more troops. His policys has helped to create more terrorists then Osama ever could have. There is no military solution to this Iraq civil war. Its up to the Iraqi's.

5. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

You've got that right. Unfortunately, there's going to be a lot more bloodshed before they find a solution.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Very true and if Saddam is hanging from a rope there will be even more. Now they are saying he will be hanging by Sunday. Anyone say Mistake? This will start the next war in Iraq and even the spinmasters like Bush/Cheney/Rove wont be able to lie about it.