"This accessory is not optimized for this iphone" help please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by catherine89, Jul 30, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

my phone has always been fine and i have had no problems with it, but today it was fine then a message popped up saying "This accessory is not optimized for this iphone- you may experience noise caused by celluar interferrance and decrease in celluar signal strength", but i havent linked it up with any accessories, and now when i try to call people i caant hear any thing unless my phone is on speaker and all other sound is totally gone. I have tried syncing it on the computer and have restarted it several times, can anyone help me please?
    Thank you,
    Catherine

2. macrumors newbie

This accessory is not optimized for this iphone?

Hi,
    Did you find out what the problem is? I am getting the same message and I don't use any other accessories than the USB cable that came with the phone, which has always worked fine!
    Thanks for your help.

3. macrumors newbie

same problem here

Apple wants me to pay for support to troubleshoot. Ugh...

4. macrumors newbie

I took my iPhone 3GS to an Apple Store last night where they replaced it saying that the when the message shows when there is no accessory attached it is a sign of the hardware failing. Luckily, I still had Applecare and it was replaced.