This can't be good - Radioactive Device Stolen....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. unclepain macrumors member

I mean, I can understand losing your keys, but a radioactive device? Come on people-

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

1. first mention if dick cheney in as long as i can remember. maybe he's not dead after all.

2. is anyone else bothered by the fact that the article gives no indication of what the device is/does? i mean, it's one thing to have a radioative device laying around poorly secured, but to have the same and not know what it *is*...

pnw

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Probably one of the high energy radioactive imagers for checking pipes and welds.

Basically a lot like the portable x-ray units you see at hospitals, just a bit more radioactive since you are trying to blast through chunks of metal instead of a persons body.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I think this article was meant to drum up fear, this device was like a portable xray machine to detect cracks ets. as far as a weapon it would be of little real consequence. Fear is the weapon the terrorist try to use. Sure if this material was left exposed next to your bedside you would have ill effects but as a weapon it would be mostly psychological.

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

To anwer #1.

He died after his first heart attack.

He is a robot. Have you ever seen Any change in his tone on voice, EVER? He is extremely still and is kept in 'safe locations' wait... the vice president gets an undisclosed location and the president never has?

Uh...

7. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Sooner or later, though, a REAL "device" will be misplaced, and at that point EVERYTHING will change. And I believe it's coming sooner rather than later because "we" are doing NOTHING to help fix the world. And who didn't notice that it involves Halliburton? Cheney's Halliburton, the Halliburton that just got a 10 year deal with our Defense Department? I'm not conspiracy theorist, but it does make one pause.

8. ddtlm macrumors 65816

Les Kern:

Anyone bringing out Nazi quotes gets several auto-demerits in my book. With that said:

I think the problem is actually that a lot of the world does not consider itself broken.

I didn't notice.

Didn't make me pause. Perhaps you're a developing conspiracy thoerist.

9. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Maybe he's one of those talking heads, like on the show "Futureama".

Or...Maybe he's one of those robot suits, like in the movie "Men in Black"

Either way, we can tie in a conspiracy theory involving aliens.

Hang on a sec...There is a green glow on my front porch. I better go have a loo--

10. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern