This gave me a chuckle

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

Sick, sick and wrong. [EDIT= i first called it funny, but it's not really funny.] But it is clever.

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No it's a little funny. Funny because it's true. Also, sad because it's true.

3. exeterbohemian macrumors regular

the fact that it's clearly satirical should make it funny. the fact that these things actually happen in the first place should make it appalling.

i'm all for peoples' right to assemble and protest, etc. that's what living in america country is all about. if the westboro baptist church wants to parade around like lunatics touting their own greatness and the loathsome wrath of 'god' and his vengeful homophobic ways, then by all means... i have no reason to try and stop them. they are to the gay rights movement what the kkk was to the civil rights movement and the path towards racial equality. such a voice of hatred and contempt has only but to generate more sympathy and support for those being discriminated against in the first place. the more you hate us, the stronger we become. or something like that.

a lot of people are homophobic simply on account of the environment they grew up in. and in a way, that's not their fault. i know quite a few people of that generation. while the prospect of homosexuality may make them 'uncomfortable', they are for the most part tolerant and open-minded enough to realize the simple truth of the fact that we are all one people. and that everyone deserves the same basic rights. black, gay, muslim, catholic, feminist, communist, and so on... it doesn't matter. the way someone else chooses to live their life is of no consequence to you. and so who are we to judge?

nowadays everyone wants to feel unique. everyone wants to feel like they're something special. branding themselves and flocking off together as some self-declared minority, touting their own uniqueness and yet demanding to be treated just like everyone else. making their differences more prevalent now than ever thought possible. there's nothing wrong with being gay. there's nothing wrong with being proud of that fact. but when was the last time you saw a parade of people marching for 'straight pride'?

everyone is different. and everyone is a minority in one way or another. but putting yourself into a box shouldn't be what makes you unique. people shouldn't have to tether themselves to some genericized and characteristic nomenclature as a means of distinguishing themselves from others. self-identity is a wholly internal concept, one which can never rely on relative external constructs and such unnecessary contrivances. you are unique because of who you are on the inside. and you should love yourself for it. because that's something that belongs only to you, something that no one can ever take away from you. stop classifying. start living. keep loving. (gay is good).

then again, maybe when the rapture comes all us fags will get left behind and watch in horror as the inferno comes to engulf us, realizing only then the heretical nature of the choices we made... :rolleyes:

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm sorry, it is funny. Not in a mirthful way, but in a satirical, dark humor kind of way, as solvs and exeterbohemian noted.