This has gotta be BS

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Got this in my e-mail yesterday:

Yeah, wonderful. Except that this thing looks totally CG/Photoshop. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. calculus Guest

calculus

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Link.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nope, its real. I did some CG stuff for my old company using this ship as a weapons delivery platform. And until I saw the Snopes page I was going to comment that it might be one of the other sister ships... :D

D

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

It looks a bit fake purely because the ship brand new and has not weathered. On a side topic have they actually started building the new freedom tower yet? If so how far along is it?

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Nice looking ship, I dont see what all the fuss is about? Ship looks great.
    But I do wonder if our President has discovered "yet" that it wasnt Iraq who attacked us but was Saudi's. Has he figured this out yet? Saudi's not Iraqi's:rolleyes:

8. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow, that's weird. Except for the lower bow, everything looks so flat and smooth -- and there isn't a soul on deck (save maybe one tiny figure near the middle). That combined with the "too good to be true" accompanying story.... It still smacks of "fake" to me, even though I accept that it's true.

Makes me wonder where they kept all this steel between the fall of the Towers and now. I mean, at one time there must've been a huge pile of scrap steel, yet nobody seemed to be able to identify where it was hauled to. (And that generated its own internet rumors.)

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it was hauled across the hudson and studied. i can't remember if it was new jersey or staten island, but my source is the Frontline show about the physics behind the collapse of the towers.

10. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

The photo does look a bit fake, perhaps too smooth as someone mentioned before. Personally, I'd rather build something less violence-oriented than a warship.

11. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Remember the theories that it was hauled to Europe or dumped in the sea because the U.S. government didn't want any experts finding out that explosions really brought down the Towers? :rolleyes:

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

13. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

This is the boat I was on from 1983 to 1986. She's not as pretty as the USS New York, but she was plenty tough. :)

Wikipedia

14. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Because you never know when discussions like this might turn to war! :rolleyes: :D

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Anyone else saddened by the idea that something representing such tragedy and loss has been turned into yet another crude implement of war?

The potential was there to use the symbolism of WTC steel for something reaching higher and more hopeful for humanity and peace, but here we have it, turned into a killing machine.

Then again, it fittingly mirrors what happened with how the events of Sept 11 were shaped into a crude war.

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Or something to make money with. http://www.wtcproof.tv/

17. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The tackiness of that whole thing is just revolting.

We were making sick jokes about it the other day at work. Suppose there's a little DNA mixed in there. If you buy enough of these coins, you might be able to bury one of your missing relatives.