This has to be possible.... reply people...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by rhornbeck5964, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhornbeck5964 macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2005
    To transfer a CD to my shuffle, I first convert and transfer the audio files to computer then drag and drop them to my shuffle. Having no need for the files on my computer I delete them. When i delete them out of my library, they are also automatically removed from my shuffle... IS THERE ANY WAY TO AVOID THIS?!?! settings, 3rd party software, anything!

its a hassle and takes longer transferring music from a CD->computer->shuffle. is there any way to transfer music on a CD directly to the shuffle??? any way to do it at all?? i have a zen micro also and the software it comes with has this somewhat basic feature- ripping a CD straight to the device. no way to do it with itunes!?!? im really beginning to hate apple and wish i never purchased their product.
    someone help! thanks- ross
  2. the_freddinator macrumors regular

Aug 13, 2005
    SE PA
    1:Yes, but I'm too tired to look for it. You should get prompted before anything gets deleted off of your iPod. Try syncing-unplug shuffle-delete. Then when you sync again, it should prompt you.
    2: Not that I know of.
  3. freiheit macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2004
    It migh be possible if you use the Shuffle as a removable drive -- mount it, mount the CD, use extraction software (choose one of the many) to extract the audio directly to the Shuffle/USB drive.

Not owning an iPod, I can't say if Apple has put up intentional barriers against this, but it seems straightforward enough.
  4. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

Dec 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.