This is actually pc gaming but I need help

Discussion in 'Games' started by AP_piano295, Oct 8, 2005.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    So my friend and I have been playing bf2 on my pc which can barely handle the game but we still have a great time. Then a couple of days ago my friend started having a ton of issues first his mic wouldnt work with bf2 so he thougt the mic or the mic port had died so he went out and bought a cheap usb mic. It still wouldnt work in bf2 then it stopped working in xfire then in ventrillo so now a mic wont work with his dell at all. This isnt about macs or anything but I couldnt think of any better place to get help EA is worthess.

2. pknz macrumors 68020

Mar 22, 2005
    I suggest you ask on a PC Game forum, you are likely to recieve a bigger response. Google is your friend.
  3. gekko513 macrumors 603

Oct 16, 2003
    Sounds more like a Windows problem than a game problem, doesn't it?
  4. topgunn macrumors 65816

Nov 5, 2004
    Hardware failures are much less common than Windows failures. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the sound card's drivers.
  5. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Is it a stock Dell mic input?

You may want to suggest buying a very cheap, old soundcard.

Or, he can get a really awesome soundcard (I love me music!)

Reccomended highly are the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz (kinda old but WAY ahead of its time in release - I own it and it sounds as good as almost any soundcard out there) or an Audigy 2 by Creative.

Of course, it could also just be sound settings.

Start>Control Panel>(click SWITCH TO CLASSIC VIEW)>Sound and Audio Devices>Click on the AUDIO tab>
    Set Sound Recording to the sound card he uses primarily>
    Click on the VOICE tab>
    Voice Playback his sound card where the speakers are plugged into>
    Set VOICE RECORDING to the sound card the Mic is plugged into.

Hope that helps.
  6. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005

thx i think weve determined that it is bf2 thats giving us the issues but thanks for all your help anyway