This is extremely scarr.. Scientology

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XNine, Jun 25, 2006.

1. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Check out this site:
    http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

It breaks down just some of the history of scientology being scandalous, murdering, thieving freaks. Scientology is right up their with Extreme Islam.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Super creepy. But I must ask, why did these deaths occur? That's what's missing form this presentation. There is no "why". They joined and then they were dead. What was the church's motivation? Speaking as someone who's had experience with these freaks I want to believe it, but I need a bit more info.

3. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Just sets your mind at ease to know that those following the practices of Scientology wlll end up being Typhoid Marys once the Bird Flu pandemic
    adapts to humans.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Money. Money. Money.

scientology believes that psychiatry and drugs are evil. Few in the organization have any idea of how to deal with truly disturbed patients. If they have money, they'll do everything in their power to maintain a hold on a person and milk them for everything they have. It's only when the person has run out of money that they let them go and the results can be disastrous.

5. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Well, if that ain't scary enough, I seem to get these people intruding on the fringes of my life..

I've wanted to out this story for a while. This looks like the right opportunity. Earlier this year I was looking for a new house (to rent). Going through the usual email, set up a showing thing, I stumbled across this really nice place at a great price (new wood floors, new insulation, etc.). So I email the landlord, but instead of asking me when I can have a look at the house he asks me all these slightly too personal questions (not too bad, but out of the ordinary, like how much I was paying in rent, what my income was on my last 1040!). I decided to hell with it, I don't want a weirdo for a landlord. Anyway, no luck finding a house so I cave in an email him again, even answering some of his questions. But instead of asking me to see the house, he starts asking OTHER personal questions - mainly, again about money, but also about my family. At that point I figured that someone like that must have some dirt so I hit google and vivisimo as a first stop and what do I find? The guy was some higher up in the scientology tech division INCOM and had something to do with a leak scandle.

From what I have read about the case, he is someone who doesn't want to be found. Not because of the authorities, but because of the Scientology group. That would explain why he never actually reveals his name in most places. I found it by accessing the public information on his house.

Anyway, having lived next to the Scientology HQ of Japan (coincidence) for 5 years, I knew that I didn't want anything to do with this guy. If that video isn't enough to scare you away, just take their sicko personality test/brainwashing stuff.

nanu nanu!

yt

6. Queso macrumors G4

We have the "Church" of Scientology round the corner from us on Tottenham Court Road. Always be wary of people who start a conversation with "Do you ever worry about your mind?", no matter how many Free Stress Tests they offer you.

I've read Battlefield Earth though. Does that make me a convert? :p
    For the record, I thought it was crap, but I was on holiday and it was that or romance novels.

7. Lau Guest

I was walking down South Bridge in Edinburgh the other day and there was a Scientology bit there, and it said "Free Personality Tests!". I was tempted to go in and mess them around, but I was too scared. Their mind control might be better than my mischievousness, and I didn't want to risk it. :D

8. iGary Guest

iGary

We had one down the street from our home in Washington, DC. Our usual response was "**** you." ;)

9. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I guess I should be happy for Jeremy - it looks like he is the only one in that video now getting the treatment that he needs. Those of you with a bit more experience - who's "Eric"? Maybe as my pro bono work, after helping out my uni I can help take them on....;)

10. Queso macrumors G4

I'll remember that one next time I go past them on the way to Marks and Spencers, although thinking about it one of the cashiers in there once tried to convince me into attending a meeting of Raelians, so possibly Waitrose is a better bet.

Don't these guys get it? If I'm ever going to attend a cult meeting it'll be one where they all worship me*, otherwise I'm not interested :p

*Only hairy men need apply

11. iGary Guest

iGary

Seriously, it's not like either of us go around talking to people like that, but the guys who stood out on fthe front stoop of the church KNEW who we were but still decided to step in front of us on the sidewalk to try and peddle some BS on us. "**** you" is the only thing that got them to stop doing it.

12. Queso macrumors G4

You must just have one of those approachable faces :D

13. iGary Guest

iGary

Indeed. :)

14. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Gary, you're now my hero. "**** you" is a great response. So great, I think I'll tell my boss thsi morning. :D