This is funny

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by vouder17, Apr 20, 2005.

1. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

i was doing my daily rumour round up on all my favourite rumour sites...then i came acros the new news for macbidouille.....
    Just go have a look.....Linky

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Just looks like they slapped on a Microsoft property sticker - which if they were using the G5 to develop XBox games, all the data on the drive would belong to Microsoft, so its not that surprising....

D

3. vouder17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vouder17

But still they are using Apple Powermacs. i would have thought that maybe IBm would've given them something special. If it isnt so surprising then why would Macbidouille question the ligitamacy of the pics...

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its been known that MS uses G5s to work on the next Xbox, the reason i would question the legitamacy of the pictures is because MS is very tight lipped about this, and one worker to took pictures of the G5s being unloaded on the Redmond campus underwent some serious repercussions

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Microsoft only needed a few computers to develop the Xbox. It would make no economic or business sense for IBM to build what would effectively be a one-off box for Microsoft. You can be assured that these were not Microsoft's only G5's. Neither were they Microsoft's last G5's. In fact, the Redmond Monopoly's current WinXP campaign was done on Macs. The takeaway message is that Microsoft wants its customers to use Windows, but its employees get the best tools for the job.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Meh, the takehome is more about Intel than about MS. They're PowerMacs because of what processor they run on. And with respect to the property tags, I also don't find them surprising. It might be more conspicuous if they were big Windows logos over the Apples on the sides of the PM, but... ;)

7. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Same goes for Pixar. One day, one day maybe.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You might want to make the link go directly to the page rather than to the latest news page but I don't know if that's possible.

Anyway, the picture seems really odd. Something definitely wrong there. ;)