this is probably the worst place to ask this but.....

Discussion in 'Community' started by vniow, Apr 22, 2003.

1. vniow macrumors G4

....I was going through a Sharper Image catalog one day (came in the junk mail along with a bunch of other crap) and I saw these hair removal products that were rather intresting looking, a couple of them look like motorized tweezers while the other two seem to use radio waves or something to remove the hair, I'd like to use something besides wax or tweezers and have it a bit more permanent than either, I'm sick of waxing, tweezing and shaving but I'll keep on doing it if I don't have anyting else...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sorry about the other thread, I hit the enter key too soon and in the wrong place.

2. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i'd go with the one on the top left.

why?....uh...it looks neater than the other ones :)

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

If a woman can stand waxing her legs for shure she can stand the military.

Now, I think you are asking too much from this forum, all I know is that my girlfriend spend hourse in the shower shaving her legs with my blades and with my foam cream if necesary.

Now, that is as far as I'm willing to know about the subject and trust me that I may know too much about it.

Good luck :*

4. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Ha, yeah it hurts like hell, but its the most effective solution so far, shaving takes a long time and I can cut myself too often if I'm not careful, I'd just like something a bit more permanent even if ts as painful as waxing...

5. neut macrumors 68000

neut

i've got nads...

6. medea macrumors 68030

medea

yes try Nad, it works rather well, not that I know from experience....well actually in order for my girlfriend to try a while back I had to test it on myself somplace......
    heh.
    oh and its pretty painless.

7. bentmywookie macrumors regular

vniow, I would check out this website. I found it really informative and hopefully it will help you in your decision:

http://www.hairfacts.com/

8. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Like this?

Those gels and sprays usually give me rashes, thanx, but ick.

Edit: I should have said just the sprays give me a rash, I've also tried some other stuff that you're supposed to roll on, but it seemd to be made up of the same chemicals as the spray..

9. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Woah, lots of cool stuff there, thanx!

10. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

if you have money, go for laser. it lasts forever. i have shaving but no choise... i hate waxes and all that crap even more. once i'll have a high paid job i'll laser all that bothers me ... so far razors.. blah.. :rolleyes:

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

wow, laser is interesting but a bit scary if you don't get a good job. I'd not like to get 1000s of 2nd and 3rd degree burns all over.....nuts.

D

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

i don't think V will go for laser. Too expensive. ;)

My sisters have both tried the hair removal gels, and they don't
    work too well. But people like different things.

13. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

no laser. bad. have you tried electralysis? i can't spell. Anyway, i've heard that it works for some people, tho you may have to do it repeatedly for it to be perm... you could also try a home electralysis kit, Igea used to make one... no clue as to whether or not those ones work...

hair removal isn't exactly my speciality :) i just tweeze my unibrow in half, and trim everything else with a razor... 'course, i don't have my legs to worry about (except for that unsightly bikini line)

:) ;)
    pnw

14. Edot macrumors 6502

Nads

I am pretty sure nads is sugar based, so it shouldn't give you a rash.

15. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Laser and electrolysis are more permanent solutions, plus they're expensive, I'm looking for a longer-lasting temp solution at the moment.

Eeeww...unibrow![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Cool, I didn't know that.[​IMG]

16. boskie macrumors regular

How about using a personal shaving gimp wearing a pair of last years heels?:p

You could have him on a long USB leash sending a tiny electric shock to him/her/it when using a special ?+x+my legs key combo...

17. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

you COULD go for the natural no shave look.....

nahhhhhhhh. ;):p

18. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

I have a funny shaving story.
    I went in for surgery a few weeks ago. Had to have some veins removed from "the boys." It required a shaving. In the hospital the 50 something nurse was doing it, and she was getting a real kick out of it. I wanted to screm from the pain. She was going against the grain, cutting my skin up with the razor. So in come the surgeon to she if shes done. "What are you doing?" he yells."You're doing it all wrong!" I head my parents laugh from behind the curtain. Then the doctor says "You do it this way. And why did you take so much off? All you had to do was a inch long strip off the top hairline."

And speaking of the Sharper Image, i got banned from the one at my local mall for eating jelly beans. Coffee flavored.

19. janey macrumors 603

janey

i was wondering when i'd see a thread about this kind of thing...next thing you know vniow will be talking about...the thing that uh...girls and women have to go through every month...

anyway vniow my friends prefer using the skintimate gel crud (oh yeah on halloween last year they got a couple of cans of that and covered almost one entire hallway with sticky raspberry stuff for no reason at all...it smells pretty fruity)...they don't wax or use nads...i really don't care.

btw vniow i have that preproduction iBrator that Apple's releasing on the 28th :D :p

20. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Now now, there are some things that even I wouldn't talk about in these very public forums...[​IMG]

Thanx, I'll have a look out for it.

Shizzle!

I've been waiting on that for months![​IMG]

21. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

oh god... someone's gotta post a link to the iBrator commercial
    video thingy..... That is classic. :D:p

22. janey macrumors 603

janey

23. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    ms v,
    sorry to be late to the party...here's the lowdown on hair removal.

lasers and electrolysis will give you permanent results but they're expensive and require numerous visits to a derm or esthetician. if you do decide to go this route someday, get references...unfortunately these things are loosely regulated.

any home electrolysis gizmo is a waste of money. a tweezer attached to a battery pack is a joke.

creams and gels basically melt the exposed hair but don't remove the follicle
    " bulb" which means you'll get bumps and ingrown hairs as the hair returns. no pain but short-term satisfaction.

the only real at home solutions are:
    tweezers...painful but effective.
    shaving...not painful but can result in ingrown hairs and bumps.
    waxing...not too painful and good results when done correctly but a useful home kit can cost some $$. cold waxes don't work...only warm waxes. the removal strips should go with the grain and cover no more than approx. 3-4 inches. applying pressure with a cool towel immediately after each " pull" will do wonders.

btw, any of those electronic plucker/cutter gizmos are a waste of money...if they really did work they'd be on the cover of every women's magazine and the inventor would be heralded as the next alexander graham bell...and probably win the nobel peace prize too.

have fun.

:)

24. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

offtopic..now i am confused

sorry for offtopic but can someone please enlighten me.. just when i thought vniow is male (before that i thought *it* is female), now it is again female? what is it then?? :eek: :confused: