This is ridiculous. Ipod touch will no longer connect to my Wifi signal. Help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Italstln13, Oct 29, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I have owned my Ipod touch for over 3 months now. I have used it frequently. I did get a iPhone 3 weeks ago and have started to use my Ipod touch less frequently. The other night my Ipod touch worked fine, it was connected to my wifi signal. I turned it off the other night and came back to it today. Turned it on and it tells me I'm connected to my network but when I try to use safari it tells me "Cannot open page. Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet". I'm clearly connected to my houses' signal in my settings. DHCP/BootP/Static has and is set to auto in my network settings. This is the same setting that my iPhone runs on and it is still running great. I have reset my ipod touch, renewed the lease, even forgot the network and reconnected to it and I'm still not having any luck. I have even re-synced it with no luck. Help please!

2. macrumors G3

NT1440

3. macrumors newbie

Modem/Router Reset

Try reseting your cable modem. This step works for me whenever my device can't open web pages.

4. macrumors regular

asskick3r

Happened to me.
    The only way I could fix this was to restore.

5. macrumors 6502

Unplug router and modem from power. Then turn them both on and turn iPod off, then back on. Move closer to access point.

6. macrumors 6502

davidy

Check that your touch didn't accidently set Wi-Fi to Off. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and make sure Wi-Fi is set to ON.