This is so horrible and disgraceful..!

Discussion in 'Community' started by vollspacken, Aug 21, 2003.

1. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

can anyone tell me how those people deserve this fate:

link

o.k., they are bad actors and wasted their talent? on some bad movies, but ending up having to earn your money by doing this crap? jeeeeez..!

*shakes his head* :(

vSpacken

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

yeah, this is pretty sad. It's more sad to think of the people who will buy into this.

The least sad are the ones who are trying to impress a romantic interest, because that sort of thing warps your mind.

Then comes the people who are trying to impress "clients?" What the hell?! "Hi, this is Fred 'Rerun' Berry. I really think that you should re-re, what's this word?, oh, retain John Doe from XYZ Consulting. He's great. And I'm a 'celebrity,' so you can trust my word!" If anything, the client will drive over to the firm, slap John Doe silly, hit him with a pie, throw a water balloon at him, make him eat spam, then call an insane asylum and have him committed.

Then of course are the people who order these calls for themselves. Those people are so bad off that the company doesn't even mention their case, for fear that it could bring on a lawsuit in the future. Really, such people have serious psychosocial issues to work through...The actions of these people could quickly turn into quasi-celebrity phone sex, but their situations are so legitimately pitiable that I'm not even going to go there.

3. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

There are so many *stars* to choose from. U can't make up my mind. :D

I do like the quotes from MSNBC:

It's too bad that left out the ending part of the quote which is probably "if it wasn't such a ****ty idea."

4. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

5. vollspacken thread starter macrumors 65816

vollspacken

and worst of all, Hulk can call you..!

vSpacken

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it may be a small waste of money, but i'm having those celebrities call each other.

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I was a little saddened to see Peter Jurasik on that list. He was so good as Londo.

8. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

9. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Please, please, please, somebody have Rerun call me! ;)

Regards,
    Gus

10. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

Don't forget to make the calls especially humiliating!:D

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I wonder when they'll be able to get Al Gore added to the list.

12. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

This is more pothetic than calling up somewhere for phone sex. Atleast with phone sex there is a small ammount of payoff...

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Actually, that would be damn funny - the only thing is that most people wouldn't believe it. Or having Willis (Todd Bridges) give you a call....to bad Gary Coleman is running for gov. of CA you might have been able to get a special deal and have them conference call you......;)

D

14. jzieske macrumors regular

I hope soon, I would be willing to pay, for the opportunity to tell Al Gore what I think of him! Ohhh, maybe Clinton will do it then too.

15. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Raaaarrrrg! <beep!>

Hell, I could do that!

But I was a little shocked to see John De Lancie, Tony Todd, Greg Evigan?? Robert Fuller? And seeing Peter Jurasik was - well they forgot he was in Tron.

The Barbi Twins? "Hear us implode!"

Well, it is sorta nifty, but it's sad to see some of these guys like Peter, Tony, and John lumped in with guys whom we haven't seen for a while - it's not like these guys aren't busy.

16. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

how would you verify that the person who's calling is actually the pseudo-famous stars...?

i'm actually more saddened by people who would actually use this service...

at least, those "stars" can be excused that they need to pay their bills, somehow...