This is why tax dollars should not support faith-based charities

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Sep 12, 2006.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Very, very sad.

A painful reminder of how far our country has to go....

Note: The article has two pages.

e

3. iGary Guest

iGary

I don't see any concret proof where they did specifically deny anyone?

I see a bunch of woe is me "I'm black, I'm gay, blah de blah" whining, personaly. There were TONS of people left out in the dark because of Katrina, and still are - not just gays or minorities.

The author should be ashamed.

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That said, and I agree with part of what you say- I bet they were hardly made to feel welcome or accepted. I think that's what this article is about.

5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I agree. Crap article. Although I don't doubt for a second that faith-based orgs discriminate against LGBT and other populations.

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

While I agree that the article doesn't give very good factual evidence, I don't find it hard to believe at all. And the article isn't trying to put down anybody but faith based organizations that discriminated against LGBT people. No one else (other than the dependence being placed on these biased organizations by the current administration). She very clearly said that not all of them were like that. I think the article is fine. It would be one thing if she was denouncing all faith based organizations, but she isn't - just the ones that distributed aid discriminatorily.

e

7. belvdr macrumors 601

How does she know any of them did this though? This seems more of an Op-Ed article.

She's pulling things together to make something out of it, in my opinion.

8. iGary Guest

iGary

And that I can see for sure.

9. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

very sad indeed, but don't forget that not all faith-based charities are like this. It is really painful for me as a catholic to be part of "the christians" who are against evolution, gay people, abortion, ...

In situations like this, sexual orientation is completely irrelevant.

When Jesus was living today, he would stick up for gay people, not sheepherders.