this isn't good

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hugemullens, Jan 1, 2004.

1. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

2. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Try posting in the "community dicussion' fourm.

Note: I'd be pissed off to if my iBook G3 kept frying Logic boards and power supplies.

3. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

I remember just a few years ago I was enrolled in a multimedia design program and part of the cost included a Mac laptop. I paid a little extra for the Titanium but just about everyone in my class got the iBook, 600mhz I believe. Anyway, over the 9 month course EVERY person in my class had to send their machine in to Apple at some point, all had failed logic boards among other problems. It was really wild. Must've gotten a bad batch or something. It's crazy to see 30+ machines die in a matter of months, some more than once.

4. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

Wired has also covered this and said both iPod and iBook groups will be at the keynote which looks like they plan to ruin Apples keynote.
    Seems like a press stunt to me.

I wonder if a clash of users will happen??

5. Pandora macrumors newbie

Those people just have to stop bitching around. Apple doesn't make bad logic boards on purpose..I wonder if they really do make a profit if they have to make 2 logic boards for most of their sold computers..

Do people start to cry when companies as Dell have a bad batch of products?

Just a bunch of morons..**** happens. accept it.

6. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Uh, yeah. And while I think our US culture is overly litigious as a whole, sometimes these lawsuits are justified.

My previous notebook was a Dell Inspiron 3800 (my daughter has it now). It has had keyboard problems that have required service twice - it's out of warranty now and the keyboard is acting up again.

A couple months ago I received e-mail from Dell, delineating a proposed class-action settlement (I wasn't aware of the suit, but plan to participate). The settlement actually makes sense! I'm sure the lawyers got rich, but the end users get what amounts to a one year warrantee on the keyboard.

Well, okay, it's a good settlement providing they've actually figured out what the problem is!

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Maybe this is the reason that Apple decided to completely revamp the iBook with completely new innards. I'm surprised that these people are saying that this happened "just after the warranty expired," I'm thinking that it's more like, "it had some little glitches before, but I was too lazy to get it fixed, but now that the warranty is up and it finally died I'm allowed to make a big stink."