Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JakobAloudMadge

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2013
Hi, I have a rMBP "13 and it's pretty new (a few weeks old), and I've filled up my hard drive way faster than I thought I would, so I thought I'd delete a few unnecessary items. I searched what items I thought I could do without, but instead of finding a list of useful items (movies, music, etc.) I found a BUNCH of webpages, as well as the movies and music sprinkled in. If you're confused, I attached a picture of what I'm talking about.

I have no idea why my computer is showing me these webpages. Hundreds and hundreds. Is there a setting I can choose so these don't show up when I'm looking for useful documents? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 5.28.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 5.28.09 PM.png
    256.7 KB · Views: 94

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Start with your Downloads folder. This is where crap can pile up. If you want to see music and movies, well...look in the Music and Movies folders. Also, the Pictures folder contains pictures. But now I'm being condescending.

The "All My Files" view has always been a confusing thing for me, also. I would change the preference to make a new finder window something else.

Don't forget to empty the Trash!

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Start with your Downloads folder. This is where crap can pile up. If you want to see music and movies, well...look in the Music and Movies folders. Also, the Pictures folder contains pictures. But now I'm being condescending.

The "All My Files" view has always been a confusing thing for me, also. I would change the preference to make a new finder window something else.

Don't forget to empty the Trash!

I never ever use "all my files"...Brian has the right idea - look at individual folders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.