This lack of sorting is driving me nuts?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JakobAloudMadge, Jul 24, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a rMBP "13 and it's pretty new (a few weeks old), and I've filled up my hard drive way faster than I thought I would, so I thought I'd delete a few unnecessary items. I searched what items I thought I could do without, but instead of finding a list of useful items (movies, music, etc.) I found a BUNCH of webpages, as well as the movies and music sprinkled in. If you're confused, I attached a picture of what I'm talking about.

I have no idea why my computer is showing me these webpages. Hundreds and hundreds. Is there a setting I can choose so these don't show up when I'm looking for useful documents? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68030

BrianBaughn

Start with your Downloads folder. This is where crap can pile up. If you want to see music and movies, well...look in the Music and Movies folders. Also, the Pictures folder contains pictures. But now I'm being condescending.

The "All My Files" view has always been a confusing thing for me, also. I would change the preference to make a new finder window something else.

Don't forget to empty the Trash!

3. macrumors 604

I never ever use "all my files"...Brian has the right idea - look at individual folders.