"This Land" MPEG file?

Discussion in 'Community' started by sethypoo, Aug 27, 2004.

1. sethypoo macrumors 68000

2. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Couldn't you just use Snapz Pro X 2.0.1 to capture the swf. I think it can record the sound too.

3. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

If you do end up getting an mpeg or mov of the file, it would be great if you could post a link here.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I tried exporting it from quicktime and also opening it up in Flash MX and neither worked.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I am not sure of the format, but there is a downloadable version available from the original creators for just $2.99 - JibJab ....oh yeah!

6. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

7. dbooster macrumors member

dbooster

Anyone ever figure this out? I have managed to save the swf file, but I can't open it with quicktime. I want to convert it to a format that I can burn to a cd that will play on a dvd player so I can share this great video with non-computer people.

Thanks!
    -dave

8. zim macrumors 65816

zim

It is a flash movie, swf file.

http://images2.shockwave.com/afassets/flash/this_land.swf

Just control click on that link and save it to the desk top... I got the URI form the source code.

You can then play the file in QT or place it into an html file and play it in a browser.

<edit>
    OOPS! did not read that lats post... sorry.

Most likely the swf file has been protected from import. Placing it into an html page and playing it locally through a browser would be the best way.

<edit2>
    Verified that the file is protected from import. The best option would be to use something like snapzpro (capturing application) and record it to mpg.