Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2002
for those of us who are waiting for powerbook updates I just noticed this today. Earlier this afternoon these were still in stock. Looks like they won't be getting any more in. Hopefully the update will be soon! :D

Aaon

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
Aaaaaah sweet. :) I've been holding out for this, so I hope it turns out to be true! I don't even need the G5, honestly. I mean, really, how much better/faster would a single G5 be over a G4? The G4 is a pretty impressive processor in it's own right.

Anyhoo, I sense a powerbook for Aaron in the not-too-distant future!

Aaron

Aaon

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
Hehe, awesome. I hope price drops are a part of this. I am a student, so I can still get a student discount, but every little bit helps. even with the discount the powerbook I want starts at $2299, and I want to upgrade the video and the memory (though I would probably do that myself).

Aaron

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
daveway00 said:
I'm calling it first!!! 1/18/05 is update Tuesday for Powerbooks.

Apple doesnt appear to provide a promo with the PBs. Say like, buy the PB and get a free shuffle. Mostly likely Amazon is getting rid of excess stock in anticipation of new models. But highly unlikely they will be PB G5s. :eek:

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2002
Blast. Today Amazon is showing them back in stock (at least for the moment). :confused:
...Never mind...they're out again...arggh!

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2002
Amazon update

I wrote Amazon and asked if they would be receiving anymore of of the 1.5 15" PowerBooks. I received their reply this morning:

Unfortunately, our supply of some items is limited and these products sell out quickly.

I am very sorry that you were not able to place your order before our supply ran out.

We do not know if this item will be available for purchase on our web site in the future.

Currently the item "Apple PowerBook Notebook 15" M9422LL/A (1.50-GHz PowerPC G4, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive)" is available with one of our merchant J&R Music and Computer World.

So, this still looks hopeful that updates are very near me thinks!

AdmittedPCuser

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
Again, I hate to be the voice of reason, especially when I am eagerly waiting to purchase a new PowerBook (but refuse to shell out $2500+ for a computer that is nearly 10 months old), but won't Apple start discontinuing most computer SKUs that come with iLife '04? I'm not saying the product will change, but maybe that specific SKU specifies that this computer comes with iLife '04. In order to change the software inside the box, Apple would need to issue a new SKU... if only for proper tracking purposes.

With that said, my gut still tells me that Apple will announce the updated G4 PowerBook updates on:

a) Sat. Jan. 22 - When iLife '05 is officially released or,
b) Tue. Jan. 25 - Since Apple usually launches new products on Tuesday or
c) When the 1,000,000th PowerBook rumour post officially hits macrumors.com... which, at the current rate, should be around 9:30 PM EST tonight.

Apple, I'm beggin' ya, I need to get on with my life..................

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
AdmittedPCuser said:
With that said, my gut still tells me that Apple will announce the updated G4 PowerBook updates on:

a) Sat. Jan. 22 - When iLife '05 is officially released or,
b) Tue. Jan. 25 - Since Apple usually launches new products on Tuesday or
c) When the 1,000,000th PowerBook rumour post officially hits macrumors.com... which, at the current rate, should be around 9:30 PM EST tonight.

Apple, I'm beggin' ya, I need to get on with my life..................

Haha, I think c) has the best chance ;)
I will do my part, here is yet another "I want my PB update" post. I honestly think that your logic behind either Jan.22 or Jan.25 is quite sound. I personally do not care which day it is as long as it happens soon!

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Well, right there on the front page. Fnac has EOL'd P'Books and eMacs. I doubt they'd change the model #'s just for iLife '05. They've never done that before and nothing else is showing as EOL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.