This made me laugh...hard...very hard.

Discussion in 'Community' started by ITASOR, May 19, 2005.

1. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    I think this site is really fake and that someone made it just to make Mac users mad. Half the things they say aren't even true.

Yeah, the iMac's mouse was bad, but I can sit here all day and pick apart a PC to find something equally bad about it. There's bad things about everything.

People should spend their time doing something worth doing.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Wow, that site is really angry, and not nearly as fun as DellRumors. :D

How recent is it. Some of it was kind of they make a big deal that the Apple India (India is actually capitalized, btw! :p) site runs off Linux, and even provide a link to a site monitor to verify it for yourself, but when you go to that website, you find that, while the site did run off Linux at some time in the past, it has run off Apache on OS X for most of a year....
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Whoa!! :eek:

But some of that stuff on mac-sucks was true back in 2003. Look at the reviews comparing a Dual 1.25GHz G4 and a Dell 3GHz P4 with Hyperthreading. Apple desktops did sorta suck back then. :p
  4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    I like the design section: One photo of an LCD in a pictureframe (the caption says you can't do that with a Mac... I doubt anyone here is stupid enough to try and run off a 8" display) and another of a whole PC in a Cube case, hooked up to a third-party monitor with an Apple sticker on it... clearly someone wants a Mac (or just has a fetish for the Apple logo) but you know, the photos convinced me, PCs are better :)
  5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    LOL, I missed that design part. Ironically, people are running Mac Minis off screens that small -- mostly so they can put them in cars. There have been a few threads on it here.

And I checked the Denmark and Sweden local sites that are singled out alongside India for running on Linux or Solaris, and they too have run on OS X for some time now. :rolleyes:

Well, just throw the haters a smile. :)
  6. ham_man macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2005
    That guy is funny. Really, hilarious. He should do stand-up...

So they are comparing an old figure on a G4 (probably an earlier, slower rev) to a brand spaking new P4? Use a dual G5 2.7 Ghz and then tell me that Macs are slower...

I recall doing this on my PeeCee when I needed to make a diagram for science. I tried to paste the PowerPoint objects in, but it was all wrong. And at that time, I had never even heard of QuickTime.

Considering the only time I ever entered terminal was to mess around with the Pinging, I don't care. GUI is WAY more important. Plus, imagine how difficult this would be in the slop that M$ calls an OS...

Ummm...last I checked, all cables were standard...

Apple India is actually running Apache you dimwit...

Well, that is all the time that I really cared to devote to this moron. Get a Dual 2.7 Ghz PowerMac, some Dual 23" Cinemas, then tell me that PeeCees are better than Macs. Until then, have fun with your viruses...
  7. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    Whatever, another twit, another second of my life wasted...
  8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    bleh - there are all types, this person obviously has an issue with Macs - that's fine for him. Did anyone notice the google links at the top of the page, though? :p

9. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    Probably put together by a guy who's school district just dropped dell for apple.
  10. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Yeah probably, and the district saved money by stop paying him. To put irony into the icing, that unemployed Steve Johnson guy is probably him... :D
  11. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005

my favorite is that screwed up looking guy, "My iMac is like my girlfriend - it was love at first sight!"
  12. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
  13. MyLeftNut macrumors regular

Dec 15, 2002
    Melbourne, Australia
    Jebus. Talk about vitriolic! (look that up on Dashboard ;) ). This person has some real issues under the hood... oooh... ****. Like. This. Just. irritates me no end. I am excercising my freedom of choice by buying a Mac you f**king moron!!! :mad:
  14. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Mar 5, 2005
    What a big bungle of negativity! This guy needs help - he has some serious issues! Most people enjoy what they have, he perpetuates his hatred of something he obviously has never used!
    Terminal to get things done? :D
    Terminal is there for 90% of users so that when they call apple support they can be told to open it, type and solve a problem or diagnose a problem - simple stuff.

What a bitter, negative, hateful, spiteful and probably jealous man this person is!

Here's a free tip - enjoy your life. Find what makes you happy and do it!
  15. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Jan 27, 2005
    I loved the 'Facts' page. This guy clearly knows what he's talking about!
  16. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2004
    Near London
    Very Anti-mac but he has a point about Apple always telling white lies about benchmarks to sell - most recently remember those ridiculous iMac G5 vs G4 comparisons. In the end barefeats proved they were completely false and Apple decided to take them down - it is illegal to mislead consumers in false information.
    Quite funny as well
  17. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    The site was interesting to read. Some of the information is valid and accurate, but other things (as mentioned in previous posts in this thread) are outdated or outright wrong.

For example:

The site discusses reinstalling Mac OS if your Mac crashes. The vast majority of the time, that is NOT what is done. The first thing we try (just like Windows) is restarting. If that doesn't work, we look for problems with software we are using (by updating the software, deleting the preferences and caches, etc.). If a software check turns up nothing, we go to hardware - we boot the Mac from the Mac OS X install CD and run Disk Utility to check for file system corruption. Then, if that fails, we try bringing the Mac to a factory state in hardware to see if third-party hardware (RAM, USB hubs, hard drives, etc.) is causing the crashes. If even that fails, out comes the Apple Hardware Test CD (or TechTool Pro CD) to check for more serious hardware-level issues.