This makes camping out 28 hours even more worth it

Discussion in 'Games' started by suneohair, Nov 4, 2006.

1. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/04/ea-thinks-ps3-year-end-shipment-numbers-exaggerated/

If that is true. All I can say is "heck yeah!" I predict PS3s to bring at list $3000 each once people realize they are not getting one in time for christmas.

Yeah there might be another shipment, but people don't know when it will come so they won't risk it.

I am quite excited, if I get my hands on a PS3 I might have a lot of money coming my way. Oh yeah, I am going to have two because I am brining my g/f with me to get a second one. Hahahaha!

Anyone else doing this!? :D

2. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I'm not sure about $3000 for a PS3 but I would guess that you could at least get double the value of the system on eBay. Friend of mine sold a 360 on eBay last year about 10 days before Christmas, offered overnight shipping and got $900 for it.

Actually, I'd be quite happy just making $250 off a PS3 just to buy a Wii :D

3. suneohair thread starter macrumors 68020

suneohair

The high values come at the initial launch. On average (launch day and day after) 360s were going for on average, $3000.

Waiting til Christmas isn't a smart move. Which is why your friend got so little. One guy fetched $10,600 for his 360.

$3000 and more is very likely if you post a picture of the PS3 in hand and put it up as soon as you pick it up no the 17th. THe HTML or my PS3 auction is already written. Just waiting for the product and the pictures :)

4. grizzlybrice macrumors regular

grizzlybrice

I know I advocate selling a PS3 for a ton of money when one gets it, but honestly, if you really think about it, I believe more than 90% of all the PS3s currently on pre-order are gonna be up for sale by their owners. Hopefully the market wont be TOO saturated.:rolleyes:

gB

5. suneohair thread starter macrumors 68020

suneohair

I doubt its 90% because not many big stores did pre-ordering. But eh, even so. I don't think i will get any less than the current going rate on eBay. Which is about $1600 or so.

6. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I was talking about the same thing to a guy at work the other night. Almost everyone that I know who has a pre-order for the PS3 is going to sell theirs on eBay. Now the Wii on the other hand.... :p