Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
mi
this may be a stupid question, but i haven't seen anything on it in my 20 mins or so of actually knowing what folding is.

is there a client that runs on strait unix machines?

matt

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
mi
i took the time to read the readme and faq from before, but when i went to the actual site, i didn't see any client for unix... only windoze, linix and os x...

matt

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
That is a good question. I do not think that they have a "Unix" client. If I were you i would give the Linux version a shot and if it didn't work then I would write them. But I seem to remember reading something on the lack of clients....

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
mi
The reason i was curious about a unix client is due to the fact that here at my school (kettering.edu), we have hundreds of computers, and a good prolly 1/4 of those are unix machines. I was beggining to imagine how awesome 100 or so unix machines would do chugging away at those, because they're only used a fraction of the day - the windoze machines are a diff. story, as from what i've read, they may or may not work while logged off...

just thinking. (oh, and if they had it for os 9, i'd be game... but i'm stuck in my os 9 world by money)

matt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.