This may be an odd question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Caramel, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Caramel macrumors newbie

Okay, I've been looking for an easy to use icon maker. I've tried iconbuilder, iconographer and others, and i cannot find one that is easy to use that actually makes ICONS... they all just make these weird files that you can't use for icons... I saw on some random forum a while back (can't even remember where) and they said that they used this icon creator (or something similar to that) that came on the Panther developer disc... well i didn't get any panther discs because the school automatically put 10.3 on my computer.... Does anyone know where i can get this program? or does anyone have a copy of it? My boyfriend has Panther but can't seem to place the Developer disc... :eek:

2. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

Iconographer works fine for me. I didn't do it this way, but have you tried File>Save Into File ?

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

4. Caramel thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i've been to both of those places and i find it all too confusing. SOmeone showed me that icon creator program that came with the developer tools, and it seemed easy.

Maybe i'm just Dumb

5. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

If you still have Iconographer, create the icon in that application. Then either Save Into File and choose the file you want to use that icon in, or Save As and save it as Mac OS New (Resources). If you save it as a Mac OS New file, you can click on that saved file and get info (right click/command click and select "Get Info" or click once and the go to File>Get Info) on it. Once you have the Info window open, click on the icon image, and copy it. You can then open the file/folder that you want to use this icon for, and do the same thing (get info etc.), just paste the icon there.