This might sound weird

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by carve, Mar 24, 2006.

1. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Hello there I am looking for a website that sells broken ipods (it doesn't matter what kind.) I need it for school project because we are going to take it apart and se everything inside.

-macluver101:)

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

To be honest with you, I don't think selling broken ipods is legal, and even if it is, I don't think you're going to find any kind of organized distribution. Best advice I can give you is to hang around the boards and wait for an "OMG! My ipod's DEAD!" thread, then throw them an offer. That's probably your best bet at getting your hands on a broke one.

3. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

They are *all* over eBay and still go for quite a bit. Apple hardware is strange in that even if its faulty it still sells for loads on ebay. Crazy. Search for 'faulty ipod', 'broken ipod', 'damaged ipod', 'ipod repair' or 'ipod spares'. That should get you something.

4. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

oops

i guess if is illegal i dont know what i'll do

5. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

are you kidding me? why would be selling broken iPods for parts be illegal? I have 5 of them I've bought off eBay and have done tons of repairs with.

eBay is great for broken iPods. You can probably find a good price on a really bunged up one.

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Just keep an eye out on the Marketplace here as some people have sold dead/broken iPods...which is legal to do as long as you know it's broken :cool:

7. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

ebay is great for broken ipods. A lot of times someone is just selling a hard drive too. And with a broken ipod you don't reallly worry about the ebay seller not being completely truthful.