1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

This monitor shames the Cinema Displays ;)

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by fred_garvin, Aug 13, 2004.

1. macrumors member

2. macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

3. macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Oh my...

Good lord!! Look at the size of 'em!! How I'd love to plug that into my G3... ;)

4. macrumors newbie

Am I missing something? I mean, no lie, those things LOOK awesome...but why would anyone pay $10,000 for what is essentially 4 19" monitors stacked together? Not even particularly high resolution 19 inchers at that.

5. macrumors 68030

munkle

What's going on with that monitor?! Is it some sort of wierd windows/Mac hybrid with a start bar and a dock?! :eek:

It would be pretty cool to have one of those monitors - you would need a pretty big desk though! :p

6. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

Interesting - they apparently have taken three 1600x1200 displays, rotated them 90 degrees, and tiled them. I'd be interested in how they drive them.

I like the idea of the wrap-around - large, wide monitors are hard to see at once, esp. if flat. Might have some cool gaming advantages.

Of course, they won't connect to Mac video cards, no doubt. :(

7. macrumors member

The seamless technology is better though. The lines between panels is a millimeter or two. The Grandcanyon one has thick dividers, almost like putting 4 Cinema displays side by side driven by 2 video cards.

8. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Yeah, no mac support on those - too bad, cool stuff.

D

9. macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

you can do that on windows...you might just be thrown by the way the monitors are stet up

10. macrumors 65816

realityisterror

i wonder how many windows you can have open before the taskbar fills up... :rolleyes:

reality

11. macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

'Cause you have idiots w/ money to burn?

12. macrumors 68040

decksnap

Does anyone actually know someone who owns one of those Grand Canyon monitors? I remember a story coming out about how that whole website is a sham- and that the product doesn't exist.

13. macrumors 68040

decksnap

I also remember there being a trojan involved in that site- MSIE users would get infected if they went there. That was quite a while ago though.

14. Wes
    macrumors 68020

Wes

I would not trust Go-l.com it seems like they do some shady business. What self-respecting company would totally steal Apple's design for a site?

http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=14210

That's an old example of some of their dealings.

15. macrumors 65816

hcuar

Not a DOCK

Sorry, hate to burst your bubble, but that not the OSX dock. That's the quick launch area for Windows XP. It' not enabled by default, but it may be turned on . It's the same quick launch from Win98/ME/2000.

As pointed out... Windows 95 as well.

16. macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

umm quick launch has been around since windows 95

17. macrumors 68000

neut

the 30" cinemas are still a better deal... 60" ples a G5 (refurb) for the cost of their 63".

their laptops a wacked...

peace.