this new ITUNES is nice but breaks my poor brain

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by mersault, Dec 6, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

so the new itunes is nice, streamlined

some things seem so easy now,
    things that I couldn't figure out at first but have since become clear
    and then...wtf

The old Itunes was clunky and not quite the sleek app that apple should really have to match the sleek hardware, but at least it mostly made sense

check the attached screenshot and see if you can tell me what i'm doing wrong, or if its really not me this time

Attached Files:

• WTF.jpg
      WTF.jpg
      File size:
      364.6 KB
      Views:
  2. thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry

and look i'm not just trying to find fault - this issue is actually really annoying, because I want to add certain tracks from this album/artist to a playlist but I cannot actually achieve it
    because these tracks don't appear in the "songs" view to drag to a playlist they only appear in "playlists" view

3. macrumors 65816

decafjava

What are you trying to do exactly?

4. macrumors 6502a

I don't understand why I can't put the "Movies" on my iOS devide in a list...
    Why do they all have to show up big icons?
    Why can't I have a list view like there is one for Music?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

do you not see -->
    i am playing a song called: sweet life by frank ocean off the album channel orange

you can see it right there in the part that shows you what song is playing?

but the search function - right next to the damn thing - swears it has never heard of "sweet life"

and its not a special case - it hasn't heard of channel orange either - despite playing a song from said album right while it's denying its existence

6. macrumors newbie

I just updated and noticed the same thing. My search results seem to only show purchased items. Nothing that's actually on my phone.

7. macrumors 6502a

So weird, mine works with several songs I've typed in, not ran into that error yet. :S