This one reoccurring dream...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by G5Unit, Feb 14, 2007.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm calling the cops
    I have had this dream a few times, it's unlike any other dream I've ever had. I'm 15 btw.

It involves an earth size silver ball that appears to be cracking in half. It's right in front of me and I seem to be sort of getting an aerial view of it all.

At first I see a small ball that is only about half an inch big, and it's made up of 3 parts. The three parts get displaced and move among each other, and I say to myself "ok, what ever, it's reallly small."

But then the dream continues and I see the silver sphere that is just gigantic and it does the same thing the little one did, only on a much larger scale.

Everything is on such a large scale and everything seems impossible to imagine. I think "how can this be happening!?! It's just too much!." I start going crazy, I scream and yell in my dream, and I wake up sweating like crazy.

I've had this dream maybe 3 times now. The first time was a few years ago. The other was exactly a year ago, when I was terribly sick(lost 15 pounds). And the most recent was last night. And I am also VERY sick right now.

What does this mean? I dream makes no sense to me what so ever. I can't even remember what made me go crazy, just everything before.

Oh and this all takes place in space.

It's REALLY wierd I know.
  2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2006
    Unbelievable. I have the same exact kind of recurring dream you're talking about. Everything feels fine and then everything is too big or something. I know exactly what you mean, but it is so hard to explain! And if you think about it when you're awake, it's impossible to get that same feeling. Just one difference though, I never have that much vivid memory from the dream, but I seem to remember elephants standing on a piece of cardboard (such as that from a board game).
  3. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Jan 14, 2007
    Maybe you subconsciously think you are overlooking small matters in your life that might affect it greatly??? :confused:

Thats my interpretation.
  4. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2006
    I get reoccurring dreams exactly like that when I'm sick as well. Except it involves lots of shaped objects, and I try to get them smooth, but something always goes wrong and... I don't know, it always makes sense in the dream. And after the shapes get too big or jagged or whatever I always get angry at myself in the dream... as if I should have done something different. When I had pneumonia a couple of months ago I even caught myself getting out of bed and stomping around in a delirious frustration. :confused:

These dreams are weird as hell, I really can't explain it well. I've had them intermittently when I have been sick for the last 5 years, at least... and I'm 17 now.
  5. spicyapple macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    My dream is somewhat similar in that I'm in the desert in a Dr. Seuss-like painting and my hands and feet are really big to cartoonish proportions. The nightmare comes from the fact I feel smothered and without control of its size.

In terms of celestial objects, I've had recurring dreams where Mars got really close to the Earth and it started plowing into the Earth in slow motion, like a hovering UFO orbiting. The noise it makes is a loud drone and I was able to walk alongside it as it upturns the ground. Weird, eh?
  6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    How did you get an aerial view of a ball when you're in outer space? What direction do you need to look in order to "look down" at something from an aerial point of view? Outer space won't seem to have an up or down, and a ball is a sphere, so it doesn't really have a top. :confused:

(Am I too logical?)
  7. freebird macrumors member

Dec 1, 2004
    When I have a fever I dream that I'm in hell, burning with demons jumping around me. It makes sense, obviously, but I suspect your dream is connected to the helplessness and smallness you can feel when you're sick.
  8. iAlan macrumors 65816

Dec 11, 2002

I often have dreams that are similar to other dreams I have (not similar to you dream however) and although I cannot remember the dreams in detail, and the memory fades fast like everyone elses dreams, there does seem to be a repetitive theme -- and I can’t for the life of me really figure it out. Either I am having an ongoing concern/worry that I subconsciously need to address or my brain is stuck on re-runs :p

Without going into too much detail -- as it is difficult to explain the dreams -- I am always either on a beach, in a dessert or on a sand dune and there are a whole lot of strange looking people and animals walking around me -- people with bodies out of proportion, 4 legged animals walking on two legs and the occasional monkey driving a car.

I spoke to a friend who said it might be my way of organizing my busy day and frustration at not advancing in my company in terms of promotion (I was promoted to a global account function 3 years ago and nothing since -- pay raises of course). I live and work in Tokyo and it is by far the most crowded city I have ever seen. I work in a typical Japanese office with cubicles and virtually no color or focal points. The beach/desert/sand dune may represent my stark work environment and the people and animals the busy city. In the dream I have trouble walking on the sand -- you know the 2 steps forward / 1 step back result. This may represent my not advancing up the company chain.

I also don’t have warm and fuzzy feeling for a co-workers who has on several occasions received recognition within the company for performance (including a $5000 ‘excellence’ award) -- but who has also engaged in very questionable business practice which damaged our company’s reputation, yet for the life of me still gets recognized with awards from our company president -- and the president is aware of the previous questionable behavior (2 other employees involved in the incident were fired but this guy wasn’t, I think someone is covering for someone else here…). Anyway - this guy must be the monkey cruising by in the car I think.

I know, it fits too nicely -- but what else can it be?

Maybe I am just a nutter...:p
  9. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    I remember not only dreams, but strange feelings when I was sick as a child and a teenager. It's similar to what you describe in that I felt big, and other things would grow out of proportion and give me a very odd sensation. It was a type of delirium due to the fever at the time.
  10. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

Oct 12, 2006
    Pasadena, CA
    In some ways I'm jealous of all of you, to a point. I don't remember any of my dreams. Not a single one. Sometimes I'll wake up somehow know that I did have a dream, but I'll never remember it. While I don't care to experience frustrating dreams like some of you have, I would like to experience a dream once in my life.

When I was a kid, my parents would wake up to me screaming at night (regularly). I would never remember what I was dreaming about though, maybe that's a good thing.