This Shipping Normal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by xgsrpg, Jul 12, 2004.

1. xgsrpg macrumors member

Jul 4, 2004
    I'm not sure what forum to put this in, so I put it here, so please correct me if there was a more appropriate forum. I ordered my PB on Thursday (7/8), and it shipped same-day, so I am really happy about that (this was even a BTO one). However, there is still no action on the FedEx tracker since 12:57am on Friday (7/9). Right now it is 3:12 PM Eastern Daylight where I live, and there is still no new changes. Is FedEx just wasting time since they know they have 5 days to deliver? Here is my tracking page and below is the status as of this post:

Est. delivery: Jul 15, 2004

Jul 9, 2004 12:57 am Scanned at FedEx sort facility SACRAMENTO, CA
    Jul 8, 2004 11:25 pm Package information transmitted to FedEx SACRAMENTO, CA
    Jul 8, 2004 12:00 am Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up SACRAMENTO, CA

I'm sure I'll get it on time, but I'm curious if this is normal.
  2. bilingual macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2003
    Unlike UPS which always sticks to its est. delivery times, FedEx surprised me more than once beating their projected dates by at times 2 or 3 days! At the same time, FedEx's tracking system is ancient and inefficient.

Don't get your hopes up but you may get your machine in the next couple of days.
  3. matthewr macrumors member

Jun 17, 2004
    Looks like it's on the road...

From your tracking info, it looks to me like it got loaded onto a truck by Apple (Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up) and is headed your way. The reason there has been no update in your tracking information is that it hasn't been off-loaded from the truck yet.

It doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.