Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
On the note of the MacBook air vs iPad....I don't have the air but I have the MBP (almost got the air but my dad, mom, aunt, and every mac user outside of macrumors pressured me to get the pro so I just kept my pro and I plan on upgrading it soon) anyways its no comparison. I have an iPad as well and going from an ipad to a MacBook and there are some features on the MacBook that will NEVER be on the iPad just because its a tablet not a computer and I had a little trouble with that. Word processing is so much easier on a MBP than on an iPad, i for one enjoyed the touch screen but my MB's keyboard is 999x faster at typing.

Things like my tabs being refreshed when I switched sucked when I was typing up a giant post like this and needed to go to a website to find a hyper link and my entire post just disapeared were just not something I wanted to deal with for much longer, my iPad is now like the shared family web browsing device and my family enjoys it for there basic email/web browsing needs but even the lowest end MacBook air is just so much more functional for even moderately intensive computer things.:apple:

Just looked up the AT&T data plans on the iPad. Man you yanks get owned.

1$ per meg of international data? Crazy! 25$ for 2 gb is pretty decent though. Thats even cheaper than here on most plans (13-14$ for 1Gb, additional 1Gb also 13-14$)

Agreed. I also dislike how mobile phone and and 3G usb sticks have different pricing and how tethering your phones cost additional. If you ask me data is data and even if I use more on my MBP just put a limit then. Verizon charges like $50 a month for there cute little "4G" modem that works in like 10 citys 100's of miles from me...wtf. Just out of curiosity what do you guys get charged for on international roaming? Its utter rape here!

Last edited:

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
About 10 Euro per month to upgrade domestic unlimited to international unlimited for me.

Wow....somebody needs to out verizon in public and see what they say and why they are so much more expensive than there Euro counter parts...seriously it has nothing to do with quality because IMO you guys probably have faster networks with HSPA and what not..

Xeperu

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2010
Wow....somebody needs to out verizon in public and see what they say and why they are so much more expensive than there Euro counter parts...seriously it has nothing to do with quality because IMO you guys probably have faster networks with HSPA and what not..

28.8 Mbit 3G.

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
Ever since I have my 13" Air it;s the only computer I use. Even at home. My trusty i7 27" iMac is gathering dust, and my MBP is pretty much retired.

My i5 iMac went on eBay and my iPad is in danger of the same thing happening and I loved both of them.

miguueeel

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2010
Chicago
I'm a college student too and I can't wait to buy one. I'm waiting till later in the month for financial reasons. I'm sick of my 15 inch ASUS G1S laptop with 15 minute battery life.

I'm going to turn the ASUS into a "desktop" and make the air my primary laptop/work computer.

Which model air and what specs did you get?
What do you use it for at school?

i know my old asus g1s had horrible battery like 1.5 hours, and it was a "gaming laptop" wtf?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.