This Tuesday- May 18, 2004

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by EJBasile, May 16, 2004.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Does anyone know anything about tuesday other than free iTunes songs. A couple of weeks ago powerbooks, a couple more weeks before that eMac updates. How 'bout iMac updates.

2. cjc343 macrumors 6502

all updates (that Apple wants to announce) will be announced on June 28th - July 2nd in San Francisco... Macrumors will probably have live coverage, and Apple might stream a version via quicktime... until then, I doubt there will be updates...

3. Gherkin macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If there is just going to be another incremental upgrade to some other line, they aren't going to do it at WWDC, so it could be any day.

4. cjc343 macrumors 6502

They released the G5 @ WWDC last year... it would be fitting to fulfill the promised 3 ghz within a year...

10.4 is being previewed at WWDC, I wouldn't be suprised if they released more.... if you think about it, Apple rarely releases one thing at a time...

5. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

A view was expressed to me by a reseller that we might see some updates in May but none in June as they might as well hang on to them until WWDC.

6. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

June is the WWDC. If you read the dates in a previous post, it's the days of the conference. :rolleyes:

7. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

some iMac updates are really really needed now, especially if it's just a g4 speedbump with more features, if it's a G5 iMac then maybe wait until june to announce with the new powermacs

8. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I don't think that they'd release something as big as a G5 iMac on a random Tuesday so close to WWDC. However, they might do an update to software...hmmm...

JOD8FY

9. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

How do you know when the web broadcast of the WWDC is? Will it be on TV at all :)

10. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah I know WWDC begins right at the end of June ;) . I am just passing on what a resellers view was which supports this thinking...

11. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Steve said that he was moving AWAY from making WWDC a big product release event. It hyped it too much. Incremental updates.

We will either see new Powermacs OR G5 iMacs before WWDC - but not both released together at the event. Apple may release one there, have MacRumors readers whine about the other not being released for a while, and then two weeks later release the other.

12. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

When did Steve say this exactly?