This Website

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Coolvirus007, May 7, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

Apr 27, 2004

This website has a few interesting things my windows friend showed me. His father apprently used to work for apple but "quit" because the OS was too obsolete. I was about to punch him. Any comments on any good comebacks. He actually told me that Apple was way behind in computer programming languages! What?! Any good combacks and a phone number to a good hitman would be appreciated. (Just so I don't get banned - the hitman phone # was a joke)
  2. macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    My first concern is that the article is based on 10.1, which wasn't perfect by far. I encourage the author to try Panther on and see how his opinions might change.
  3. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Well it was written back in 2002
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2004
    Chicago (by way of SF)
    You're right, this is really old news. In fact, I didn't switch from the old OS to OS X until just recently (for many reasons).

I currently run 10.3.3, 9.2 & 8.6 -- depending on the computer and the applications. There is no doubt in my mind that I work fastest, with the least amount of trouble when I am in 10.3.3.

The issue of window size while in Classic is still true -- but it is Classic and totally irrelevant to judging OS X.

But this does bring up one point, however: Apple should market OS X more. They should continue to be the best advocate for the OS.