This would be a cool app!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cpnotebook80, Feb 19, 2007.

1. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

I was looking for a newspaper reader for the desktop, and i dont mean rss which cuts out the graphics etc.
    In macupdate there are few newspaper fetcher etc..But what would be cool would be something where the program will fetch the headlines cover page of any major newspaper in the world and display it as is on ure screen.You can have multiple views or just one. Haven't seen anything like that before. I can have the new york times or Chicago Tribune or the Herald etc side by side in exact newspaper fashion.

Pls dont tell windows already has something like this...:eek:

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Theres a new feature in Leopard called Webclip which will do what I think you are asking.

3. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

I agree; an application like this would certainly warrant me downloading it and giving it a try.

On a side note, newspaper front pages are available at the Newseum website.

4. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Webclip ..Cool.
    Now have ppl testing the leopard seed played with webclip ?

Yes it would be nice to wake up inthe morning and just click webclip and have it show the headlines of all the newspaper as it was meant.

Thanks asherman im checkin it out
    http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/default.asp?bkgd=blue
    Now only hope this page becomes an app with a zoom feature lol for each paper or 3d.
    Things r possible!

5. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now webclip basically creates widgets of sites etc.So one could easily just hightlight the newspaper and create a widget.Or the whole page of newsmuseum
    cool