This year sucks.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mymemory, Dec 31, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, this year is comming to an end and it was more or less ok. Too many losses. I had this relationship with this girl you all know and she turned out to be interested in my money only but what a horrible experience all this.

If this next year is going to be better? life does not get better or worse because of the calendar, is because us and how we relate with others. I feel and can not relate to anyone, just to a few but I feel empty and alone, I have only my goals and chances are comming all the time but my average day is just like this.

Happy New Year, another family reunion (my family is nice) and then that emptyness. Well, lets see. I do appriciate you all guys/girls around here and I wish you peace, inner peace specially.

Rei

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

What kind of a downer thread title. :( Hey, at least you're still breathing. :D

For those wanting to know more about mymemory and his 2005 experiences...

Let's first get philosophical and contemplate the meaning of Life... While we're at it, delve deeper with ruminations on Penises and posetions.... At this point, you may wonder who is mymemory? That's a good question. You can try to guess who is mymemory in this picture?

The year started out promising for mymemory when he took part in a video shoot near Valentine's day and fell in love with a model. I'm in love :...) It eventually, this part of his love life did not work out, though.

His online forum experience did not bode will for him as he got banned from MR, and he relates his experiences in MR Macrumor experience by Mymemory

Family life took a hit as well...When your blood is boiling because of your family.

Father passes away...Trying not to be that in love again but in the sadness and loss, he finds redemption. Mymemory has met a new girl in his life!

A change of fortunes as an ecstatic mymemory meets the girl of his dreams, and his outlook on 2005 looks very promising! Mymemory is getting married!!! But things turn sour when his Venezuelan sweetheart cannot get a visa to enter the US, coupled with money problems and long lingering feelings for her past boyfriend, puts a chill on the wedding plans. Things look dicey, but mymemory perseveres because he believes in love. However, it ends terribly.

Even in the depths of sorrow, mymemory takes the opportunity to reflect on the good things left in his life with this thread entitled, Life is a wonderful thing. It doesn't last long, and before anyone knows it, he lashes out at all the things he used to love. I do not like the nano

Katrina strikes and causes mymemory to reflect past the troubles in his own life in a thread elegantly entitled, Katrina.

2005 also brought troubles with his landlord. I have a problem with my landor, legal advice.

With memories of Iliana still fresh in his heart, he travels back to Venezuela to resolve things with her, but it only made things worse. He came back to Miami a broken man, thus we are here, on the cusp on the new year and events have come full circle.

Here's hoping 2006 looks brighter for you, mymemory!

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Thanks for the walk down "mymemory" lane Lacero.
    You really do have too much time on your hands. :p

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I could write a whole essay on you, MacDawg. ;) :p :D

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

POST OF THE YEAR

6. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I've gotta agree :D

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Obviously, they both have too much time on their hands. :eek:

8. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I challenge you to try writing one on me. ;) :D

Double dare you. :eek:

Who would have thunk that on New Years Eve, the best post would crop up. ;) :D

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i hope things look up for your next year, dude

it was a tough year for america, in general, like one talk show/news anchor host said in his end of year show

katrina and the messy aftermath
    all time worst white house scandals
    troops continuing to get killed in iraq
    etc

in my lifetime, it's the worst year i can think of for the usa but i know some other countries probabaly had a good year in 2005

10. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I'm proud of Lacero. It took him all year but he did it.
    :eek:

11. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I could not agree more. ;)

I believe he is part of the "Band of MacRumors Brothers." ;)

12. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Agreed, 2005 can go to hell, go to hell and die!

No, life doesn't change according to the calandar pages, but atleast I can put 2005 on the books as being one of the worse personally, but the last 4-6 weeks have been a vast improvement over the rest of the year, so I'm hoping the ball keeps rolling in 2006.

13. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

For me next year brings me to a very interesting time in my life.

I will be leaving University and may go traveling for a bit eventual I will have to find a job. At the moment I am battling through depression (and have been since I was 14), which has been hard on my family, my friends however don't know about the way I feel as I appear positive around them and hide most of my emotions from them.

This depression comes mainly from a moderate degree of isolation I have imposed upon myself. (i.e. being on the web a lot, listening to my iPod when out in the public) Moderation is important, but normally I take most things to the extreme as I have a very additive personality. 2006 has to be the year of personal growth for me.

Already I make sure that when I go outside in public i.e. shopping I don't take my iPod, and that I limit my time on the web (which recently I have let slip), I already feel a connection with the 'real world'.

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mymemory, I hope that you find the strength to keep trying to shape the future into the form of the things you want and need, and that as a result, 2006 is a much happier year for you than 2005.

15. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Could this have anything to do with it?

Did you follow up on your promise?

16. Uma888 macrumors 6502

You have a very creative mind, in a freaky way :rolleyes:

17. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I've still got a couple of years worth of bad luck for smashing a mirror years back. 2004 wasn't particularly great, 2005 was slightly worse, can't say I'm holding my breath.

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

This thread is going down the toilet quickly. That's such a surprise in contrast to those other threads.

19. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Thanks, Lacero and others, for so neatly summing up the story of Mymemory.... As a relative newcomer to MacRumors (early October) I clearly had missed out on a lot of history, so this was a very good catching-up post.

OTB

20. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

yay. the new year started. woopdifreakin'do..

i could really care less about the new year the way things are going now..

The only thing this changes is me writing 06 instead of 05 on my paper. :rolleyes:

21. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yup, this year sucks.

It's 44.6°C (112°F) here at the moment and it looks like there are some big fires burning to the north of Sydney.

They are currently out of control and flames 20m (66') high are threatening homes. Evacuations have started. Same in Western Vic where fires are threatening a number of towns and have already claimed a few houses.

I really do hate having to kick the New Year off like this all the time. You guys have it much better despite the freezing cold.

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

well 2005 is over now so let move on to the fresh new year shall we....and pop open that bottle chundles lets get drunk

Bless

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Here here. All in favor? o/

Indeed, is it 2007 yet?

Actually, I'm looking forward to this year. Hopefully, I can grow some cojones and ask out a girl I've been thinking about (a lot :rolleyes: ) for a while. I'll put $5 on me not doing it though :(

24. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I agree, 2005 did suck.

I'm hoping 2006 will be awesome. I've got a major product that will be released, a possible internship will be started for me (yay!!), I will be finishing up my last full year of college (graduating in summer of 07) and most excitingly I will become an uncle :D

25. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Speaking of bets, I'm betting myself that I will be bigger then my brother at the end of the year. He's a relatively buff guy, and I'm kind of skinny, so I need to start working out and get in shape asap :) lets see if I can make the bet :D if so, I will be one of the few buff geeks out there :p