Thorton traded from Bruins

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eva01, Nov 30, 2005.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Well the only reason for me to be a Bruins fan is well Bergeron and thats it.

Worst management in all of Hockey

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

well here's to the bruins sucking even more :D
    Maybe they will trade Brian Leetch back to the rangers :)

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I think that was a good trade for Boston. They really needed to shake things up a lot. Now Joe will be playing with Scott Thornton. Anyone know if they're related?

It's funny because last time SJ was in Vancouver I was at the game with my dad and he saw Thornton and asked if it was Joe. Next time we see them, it will be.

5. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

Nope. According to the ESPN article, he was disappointed to learn that he would be traded. He had signed a 3-year deal with the Bruins and had hoped/expected to stay in Boston for all of it. He's been with the Bruins his entire career.

6. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I found this out while watching the Avs, Canucks game on TSN.

It's deeply shocked me, I didn't believe it at first. It doesn't make sense to me at all. Sharks fans should be very happy though.

killuminati, they're cousins. It was a horrible trade for Boston.

Leetch is washed up anyway, that was a cement head signing anyways.

7. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

To me, seems lopsided. If you saw the poll they did on TSN, 81% said they clearly thought SJ got the better end of the deal. I couldn't agree more.

Oh well. I still can't believe Fedorov is with the CBJ now. What the hell was he thinking?

8. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I disagree, probably just because I'v never liked Thornton though. But I really think hes out of his prime. Marleau and Stuart alone I think are better than Thornton. Arghh, I know I'm not really arguing with much because statistically I know I'm wrong, but I just hate Thornton.

9. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Well you were wrong once you said Thornton's out of his prime, he was drafted in 1997. He's 26, he probably hasn't hit his prime yet. He's a fantastic player. As is Marleau though, if it had been a Thornton for Marleau plus a draft pick I would have still been shocked simply because Boston traded their franchise player, but I wouldn't have felt that Boston got the short end of the stick on this trade.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

San Jose got a great player, but did Boston get any "good" players? Three decent players don't make 1 great player. Not at all. They lost on this deal.

If Thornton was so easy to acquire, I wish the Leafs would have made Boston an offer. I doubt they would have gone for it though.

11. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

he is something like number 4 in points since either 2000 or 2001. This is just absolutely horrible. Thorton was easily my favorite player on the Bruins. Now it is Bergeron. This is just a sad sad sad day. O'Connell is just pathetic.

12. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

Well i can't Knock the trade as of now :p

they did pretty damn good.

and my boy Bergeron got a goal ^____^ best center on Boston. And my favorite player in the league, so good.

13. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

I was shocked when someone told me they traded him this morning. I really don't get it. Pro sports are on the decline, everyone is so quick to pull the trigger, they don't wait for anything anymore

14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i feel sorry for everyone who has a thorton jersey...... :rolleyes: ;)

15. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

actually this is the Bruins we are talking about. They pull the trigger for no reason, you can't compare the Bruins to the rest of Pro Sports because the Bruins are sorta eerily like the Marlins (aside from not winning championships) where they just don't want to pay people and trade them away. Fire Sale every year.

Guerin, Rolston, Knuble, Thorton, whose next. My money is put on either Samsanov or Murray. It best not be Patrice Bergeron or i will get seriously violent ><!!!

16. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I'll still knock them. Ottawa didn't play to great tonight. I still think Boston didn't even get a hand on the stick in the trade.

If I was any other team in the league I'd go after Glen Murray. He's a great trigger man.

17. amholl macrumors 6502

The thing that makes me mad is that they were originally discussiong stuart for samsonov. and no other gm in the league knew about this. So they must b really high on stewart 2 trade jumbo joe to get him. im sad for joe though. the herald said he was crying. mike o connell should go eat ****.

18. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

O'connell is a friggen pathetic bastard. I absolutely despise of him -_- this is kinda said but he is even more pathetic than Dan Duquette ever was.

And that is really pathetic. how anyone could dream of being worse than Duquette is beyond me.

19. SharksFan22 macrumors regular

SharksFan22

You guys in Boston got three good players -- none of them superstars, but good players nevertheless. Stuart had been a solid defensemen from the day he was drafted, but took a concussion about two seasons ago and hasn't ever been the same. Sturm is VERY fast and great player -- but, he broke his ankle last season in a nasty collision and has been playing (understandably) a little tentative. Primeau isn't as skilled as the other two, but gives 100% every shift, every night. Two weeks ago he took a puck in face, knocked is down on the ice and with blood running down his face, slammed a slapshot home. As a Sharks fan (see my screen name!) I'm absolutely thrilled to get a player like Thornton, but am cautiously optimistic -- they gave up an awful lot and it will be interesting to see the chemistry develop. Either way, should be a lot more fun at the Tank this season with a bona fide superstar playing alongside Patrick Marleau.

20. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Franchise players no longer exist in Boston it seems. (Gillette Stadium is in Foxborough, so Brady and Co. don't count :p)

21. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

beware Paul Pierce your days are numbered apparently :p

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Now that you mention it, I heard that O'Connell is going to try to trade Paul Pierce for Sergei Federov. The Blue Jackets do need a high scoring forward, and the Celtic needed an incredible all-around player.

O'Connell........keep working that magic, my friend. Keep working that magic.