Those "get paid to shop" things.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zephead, Jun 26, 2006.

1. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Those "get paid to shop" and "mystery shopper" things sound like really good ways to make money, if it were in fact legitimate. I'm not saying it's not, because I don't know, so that's why I'm asking. Has anybody tried any of those, or heard anything about them? I just wanna ask some people about it so I don't sign up and get screwed by it, if it really is a scam.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You can start by reading what the FTC has to say about them.

3. zephead thread starter macrumors 68000

zephead

Thanks, I was looking for some validity, and you can't really beat the FTC. Why didn't I think of that? :rolleyes:

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

The most you would make is a few dollars here and there (and by few, i mean few). I used to take online surveys and I actually did get paid $2 or $5 a couple of times, it wasn't bad considering I had nothing else to do. Unfortunately, the surveys weren't mac compatible so I stopped when I switched.

Disclaimer: No, I don't work for anybody, no, I'm not spamming. Please don't crucify me.

5. Timepass macrumors 65816

depends on who you go though. Most places are going to pay you 6-7 bucks an hour. And reembuse you for what you paid for the goods and you get to keep them.

I know Safeway does it and some of there policy on it. I was one of the people getting shop when I worked for Randells (owned by safeway). We dreaded the secret shopers because it would effect our pay checks among other things if we where not at least 80% succecfull at our shops. (I was about 70% at the end but I stopped carring I was quiting any how. Found out about a week after I quite that on my last day of work I got shopped. Funny part is that last day was 1 day after my last day because I was called in to help out. Oh great times....I dont miss it)

They would higher a new set every 6 months and the old ones where fired. That way it kept the faces fresh and the stores couldnt figure them out. Yeah we did figure them out from time to time and when we spotted them the store got a 10 out of 10 because we knew about it. hard part was getting all comucation though out the store with out blasting it over the intercome. Mind you there was always a freezy of so and so pick up the red line/green line around then.

But general they are not paid half bad but they will higher you only temporarelly and after that the policy is never to higher you again. They want to keep the faces fresh and the only way to do that is do not have people being used to much because stores are not stupid and they do figure it out.