Those looking for a great deal on a base model 11.6"...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Aboo, Nov 27, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

2. macrumors 68000

BeyondtheTech

That's the best deal you can find. I got 10% off in the store with my base model, thanks to some assistance in-store, but I still had to pay tax, bringing it up to a little over $960. With Amazon's one-day shipping to get it by Tuesday, that's $926, otherwise you can get it with free shipping, but who knows how long that's gonna take.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, and if you are a student, you can get free Amazon Prime which means you get free 2-day shipping or next day shipping for 3.99 on this. Its a great deal overall.

4. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

Great deal on Macbook Air 11" on Amazon.com

I just purchased the entry level macbook air 11" for $898 off Amazon this morning. I've been keeping tabs on Amazon because I know their prices fluctuate frequently this time of the year. Looked this morning and this is the lowest price I've seen, so I made the plunge.

I did the math. Here in Idaho sales tax is 6%. So roughly $60 on a thousand dollar computer. Amazon is $100 less than retail. Additionally when I paid with my Amazon.com store card, I saved an additional $10. So I saved $170 over buying this computer at the apple store. Also, because I'm an Amazon prime member, I get two day shipping free. Could have opted for the $4 one day shipping, but that would have defeated the purpose of saving as much as possible. I don't know how much two day shipping costs on the Apple Store website, but that could be factored in as well.

All in all I am very pleased with my find. I hope I am equally pleased with the computer.

5. macrumors 6502a

6. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

I had a feeling that might happen. Glad I didn't hesitate to buy.

7. Guest

Surely

Don't forget about Cyber Monday........ potentially more deals to come......

8. macrumors 6502a

Noticed that too...would have bought one at 898

9. macrumors 68030

Tough choice... here. But, I already bought 13.3 inch for my mom. My current laptop works fine. I am waiting until OS lion comes out.