Those memos the Diebold don't want you to read!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Pinto, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Pinto macrumors newbie

This story broke a few days ago...
    link to first story
    Now you to can read these emails which cast further doubt on the Florida election results.

Could this be the greatest US scandel of all time?

Visit the link for the mails in full.

link

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Technology is great and all but there is still something to be said for a good old paper ballot.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i have no doubt that a LOT of what went on in florida has been hidden, shredded, obfuscated and otherwise buried.

i'd like to think that, someday, there'll be a full accounting. regardless of the outcome, the manner in which it was all handled leaves a lot to be desired.

of course, my great fear is that nothing has actually been fixed (except coming elections, natch) and that our democracy is literally being stolen, and will continue to be.

leave it to the idiot american public to either not care or be too confused by the intricacies. too bad it's not a blowjob.

4. Pinto thread starter macrumors newbie

Why aren't people out in the streets?

APATHY RULES OK

Try rob me of a few dollars and I'll pull my pistol.

Rob me of my democracy.... oh well.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If there was election fraud lets sort it out and put those responsible in jail. I doubt Bush ordered any fraudulent activity hiimself, nor will he ever go to jail over it. It can't possibly come to trial before November of next year anyway, so my best hope of getting Bush out of office is through the ballot. In the meantime he is my president, and there are other things going on in the world. It's not apathy, it's a matter of priorities for me.

6. Pinto thread starter macrumors newbie

removing him by ballot could be difficult when it's the ballot that's being twisted.

I also doubt that Bush himself would have any knowledge of any impropriety, the people behind him would make sure of that. I pretty sure he's not going to be pushing for an investigation though, aye.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

he's way too busy finding the valerie plume leak. heck, he may as well put OJ in charge of it.

8. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Bush is NOT my president. He is a fraud, whether he knows it himself or not. This is supposedly a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. The appointment of Bush to the Presidency negated all three of those.

I love the country and the ideals it was founded on. It hurts me to see them blatantly ignored and trampled upon.