Those of you with more than one console..

Discussion in 'Games' started by AJ Muni, Nov 11, 2006.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Do you play all of them? Im trying to find a good reason to buy a Wii. I already have an xbox 360, but the Wii looks so cool. One of the things that has me going is that I do believe nintendo has that "fun" factor. It was evident to me when i switched from a PSP to a DS lite. Wii sports looks like fun, and for some reason when I bought New super mario bros., I fell in love with the whole mario series again. I wouldnt call myself a "die hard" gamer, but I do enjoy playing games once in a while. I would say about 1 hour a day, and thats if my gf or school work isnt giving me hell. IMO I would keep the 360 for the more intense games, GOW, COD3, my sports games, and use the Wii for more fun games..Sooo what ya think?

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

If you think you'd enjoy the games, then buy all means, buy! With the low price you're not making near the sort of investment you are with, say, a PS3.

Wii60 is a good combination.

And yeah, I have a PS2 and a GameCube, and play both.

3. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

i think if you are going to get a wii and a 360 you would have no
    problem putting them both to good use... they will each provide
    separate gaming experiences... the wii is a lot of first party
    exclusive type titles and the 360 is gonna be for your more
    hardcore type games... well except geometry wars which is
    a fantastic time burner...

a ps3 and a 360 would be a riskier double play as one would
    undoubtedly collect more dust than the other since at the
    end of the day... they are pretty much the same...

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I had a xBox, and when I had it I play it much more then my GameCube. Now I have a DS, Mirco and Gamecube...they all see playing time, even when I'm at home.

This time around I plan to get a Wii, and later a 360. I'll play them both I'm sure because they are so different.

Ya

5. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

How I wish I had the money for both :( I have to make up my mind which one I want to get

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

7. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Okay this were I look sad :p.

I have a PS2, Gamecube Xbox and Xbox 360. I really only play the Xbox 360 now as most of the good Xbox 1 games play on it just fine. Gamecube comes out every now and again when I want some fun and the PS2 has been sitting in my cupboard for 2 years + now.

Based on that I'd say a Wii and Xbox 360 would be a pretty good combination :).

8. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

GC gets a lot of TS2/SC2, and the 360 gets everything else

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have excluding ones in the attics the follwoing consoles hooked up to be played at any time

1. dreamcast
    2. xbox
    3. playstation 2
    4. gameboy advance
    5. ds lite
    6. panasonic Q (cube)
    7. psp
    8. xbox 360

of those the xbox 360 counts for 85% of the time played these days
    psp & ds 10% and the others 5%

I really should sell them or give them away, but just cant bare too.

I will probably get a Wii & PS3 by summer 2007;

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I have the 360, PS2, PS1 (in my room), SNES and Genesis all hooked up right now with a lovely spot open for my PS3.

Thing is, nowadays I only really wanna get about a game a month or so, and most are pretty short (ie. GoW) so after a month im done with the game. But I gotta buy (and not rent) because I always kick myself when a year later I have this urge to play it and none of the video stores have it in stock :p

It is the sweetest thing to plug in the SNES and play some chrono trigger or Yoshi's Island (it is was better on SNES than on GBA)

11. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Yea thats what Im thinking...IMO they both offer a different experience. The good thing about is that i flirted with the idea around my gf...and she actually sounded interested! She said zelda is her favorite game ever, so things are looking promising :D . I havent done much research on the wii but i have a couple of questions..

1)I'm pretty sure its not HD, but are there component cables for it so it can look better on an HDTV?

2)Any1 have or kno where i can find some cool videos showing the controller, and some gameplay so i can impress the girlfreind?

12. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Try Gamespy for videos, not sure about the HD question though.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Because having more than 1 console meant me changing cables (composite on monitor, audio cables on amp) whenever I wanted to switch, I just stuck to 1 machine. Mostly my Cube purely for Smash Bros Melee.

I'm not good with more than 1 machine but it is entirely down to my setup. If they had their own TV it would be easier.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Lets see:

xbox
    xbox360
    DS lite
    Gameboy SP
    PSP
    PS2
    GC
    PS1
    DC

Yup I got em all....PS3 in a month or so.

Bless

15. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I've got an NES, SNES, N64, GC, PS2, 360 and a DS.

Right now, the PS2 is getting a workout since Guitar Hero 2 came out last week. The DS gets used all the time when I'm on campus waiting for class. The 360 and the GameCube get used about evenly. The three older Nintendo systems get some use a couple times a month when I feel like playing an older game.

I can't wait for the Wii, all the other consoles will be collecting dust for quite some time.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh right, I shouldn't have skipped through posts in this thread! (bolded what I consider the best)

Gamecube
    Xbox
    Mega Drive
    Playstation 1
    Commodore Amiga
    Nintendo 64
    NES
    Dreamcast
    (now it gets fun - I love handhelds)
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Pocket
    Gameboy Advance
    GBA SP
    Gameboy Micro
    Nintendo DS
    DS Lite.

17. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Hmmm...

Xbox 360
    Xbox
    PS2
    Gamecube
    DS

The 360 sees 95% of the play time.. DS the other 5%. Can't remember the last time the other consoles were turned on.

18. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Your crazy, GBA is not the best. I mean GB Mirco and GBA SP both do a much better job playing games. Maybe GBA SP with new backlight, so it supports old games and has a backlight.

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It simply did it first for me. I prefer the "Game Gear" style screen/controller position, nice comfy size. first machine that I played Golden Sun, Pokemon Ruby, Mario World, Yoshis Island, Sonic Advance 1 etc on :) I had an Afterburner frontlight but it wasn't that good really. The Micro and co. are technically superior and better designed - but the plain GBA does it for me!