iPad mini Those who have the mini and iPad 2-4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bluechipBMW, Jan 18, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Feb 12, 2008
    I just recently purchased the iPad mini and I was wondering for those who have the mini and any of the other iPad models did you set up the iPad mini to be restored with the iPad backup or did you set up as new with its unique setting?

2. macrumors newbie

Dec 2, 2012
    It depends on if you have the same space on your mini and how many apps/books/movies or music you want to put on your mini from your other iPad. I found it easier to set up as new and manage what I put on mine. Sometimes the restore takes a while. I hope that helps.
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 4, 2011
    I had an ipad 2 and bought a mini for my kid - we did the icloud back and restore from the 2 to the mini and it worked fine.

4. macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2010
    I set up my ipad mini from new. I have an iPad first generation but it is jail broke so I didn't want anything strange going on the mini from the jailbreak. I set my 4s up from my 4 restore and I had problems with so I redid it from new and it works fine.
  5. macrumors 603

May 21, 2009
  6. macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2012
    Northern California
    New. My iPad 3 is 32gb, Mini is 16gb. Didn't feel like deleting a ton of stuff I don't want on the Mini.
  7. thread starter macrumors member

Feb 12, 2008
    I ended up setting it from my iPad 2 backup but now I'm thinking I'm going to go back and set it up as new since I will probably put more kids games on it and I don't want to put them on the mini and have to constantly delete them.