Those with PowerBooks and iSkins

Discussion in 'Community' started by GoCubsGo, Aug 19, 2005.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I was just writing a review for another site for an iSkin keyboard protector/cover and I was wondering when I shut the lid it seemed like it was tight. I have a radtech keyboard cover on it now, that blanket like thing...is that too much? Is there a lot of pressure on the screen now do you think?

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

to the best of my knowledge the iskin keyboard cover are best if taken of the keyboard prior to closing the PB. otherwise they will warp the screen
    search the forums for related discussions.
    I had an iskin on my ibook but i dont need it for my PB

3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

For a 12" PB, I can keep iSkin and radtech screensaverz on with the lid closed. There is no "tighness" when I close the lid. However, for my 15" PB, I don't feel comfortable closing the lid with iSkin and screensaverz as I feel "tighness" right before the latching mechanism locks in with the frame. So, I take off iSkin from a 15" PB and put on screensaverz when I do the clam shell mode. I think this is one of the reasons a 12" PB is very suitable for travelling as you don't want to put iSkin on and off on the road (it's just not convenient) every time you close the PB.